DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know roughly the average cost of a full paint job. i'm looking at the possibility of having the truck painted to a bright white, with all the necessary undercoats and clearcoats, etc.

also, is it possible to pull out a dent from the 3rd gen ram chrome bumpers? i have a small dent just smaller than a baseball on my front bumper, and wondered if it were worth pulling the dent out.

any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
pretty much if you dont want your bumper to look perfect, but just better, then hit it out with a hammer, and it should look pretty good. and what color is your truck now? if your wanting a complete color change then it will cost you ALOT.

·
Xploded Member
483 Posts
Some of the estimates I got for my project were around $2500 and that's with me doing the sanding and such. Then again the paint I pland to have is dark highland green (about $220/gallon). just my opinion but with paint work you truly do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I had some big dents in my bumpers. I knocked them out from the back side with a hammer, grinded the chrome down and finished with body filler. Then primed and painted after stripping all of the chrome off. But if you don't plan on painting the bumpers I wouldn't bother trying to fix that dent.

Yea you do get what you pay for. I did a color change on my truck (jams, handles, bumpers, everything!) I worked on it when I had time between customer cars and probably had around 100 hours in it plus about $800 in materials.

·
Registered
29 Posts
depends how far you want to go? door jams,underhood etc, if you spray just the outside and in the bed your looking at a gallon and a half to two gallons of mixed paint, materials and labor just to do outside of the truck will probaly run you $3000 to $3500 at a decent shop. if you do the jams and under the hood expect to add probaly another grand.

·
Registered
255 Posts
around north jersey its gonna start somewhere around 3K and go up from there.

i had my fascia painted on my car and it cost me 900. they had to remove, sand it and paint it. thats all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quality completes cost way more then $2500 today. We just started a Magnum getting a complete tu-tone color change and your talking 8K for that.

·
kstompaint
338 Posts
Taking the truck apart for a color change is a lot of work. To do the back of the cab, front of the bed, door jambs and under hood, a quality job is going to start at $4500. Personally, I wouldn't do it for less than $5k and if you get into pearls, tri-coats, 2-tones or graphics it gets steep. You truely do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
that was a question i was wondering...i wish dodge offered a dark hunter green

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.