DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 avenger with a 2.0 dohc and a 5 speed. The speedometer quits working after a while when driving. It works fine every morning but after a while of driving it stops working and won't start working again until the car sits for a while. It has new speed sensors that were replaced because with the old ones in the speedometer didn't work at all. Does anyone know what else i can check or what else may control the speedometer signal? Does anyone know where i can get some info on the transmission? I already checked the wiring and the sensors themself and they both work fine. Can it be something in the tranny itself? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
might be in the instrument cluster itself. wiring diagrams can be had from a haynes manual or other service manual. hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i got the car fixed at AAMCO. It was cheaper there. It actually was the plastic gear inside the transmission that turns the little electronic sensor that tells the speedometer how fast you are going. The plastic gear in the tranny was loose and wouldn't always spin when the car was going. The bearings and seals in the tranny were wore out too and thats why it was acting up. It was expensive since they had to remove the transmission but i actually just sold the car anyway after i got it fixed. I appreciate the input though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.