DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YellerBeast99
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My half ton only has a 24 gallon tank and I have to drive atleast 20 miles a day, So I was thinking of installing a auxiliary tank. Not a big one, maybe 15 gallons. Anyone with experience (good or bad) installing a tank on your truck(s)?

·
War Eagle!
2,005 Posts
you could just do the 35 gallon tank swap. get one from a scrap yard or dealer and switch it out for the one you have now and it will keep everything factory and, at least I would assume, a lot less of a headache

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
you could just do the 35 gallon tank swap. get one from a scrap yard or dealer and switch it out for the one you have now and it will keep everything factory and, at least I would assume, a lot less of a headache
That's what I was thinnin'. BTW, remember it costs fuel to carry fuel.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
I was going to say the same thing do the 35 gallon swap. I know weedahoe did the swap and has some pictures somewhere of it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is not to hard to find, search for post by him and the link is in his signature.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
so much space under our trucks to put another tank, but that extra weight will play havoc on MPG's as MTally mentioned

·
Registered
780 Posts
My half ton only has a 24 gallon tank and I have to drive atleast 20 miles a day, So I was thinking of installing a auxiliary tank. Not a big one, maybe 15 gallons. Anyone with experience (good or bad) installing a tank on your truck(s)?
I drive 116 miles per day and a 26 gallon tank is fine. Or did you mean 200 miles per day. As mentioned, swapping to the larger 34 gallon tank would be the easiest and cheapest option.

That's what I was thinnin'. BTW, remember it costs fuel to carry fuel.
A 34 gallon tank is only 8 more gallons than the standard 26 gallon tank. It's NOT that much weight.........

·
Motörhead For Life!
8,400 Posts
My 03 4,7 Q cab has a 24 gal tank. I just to drive 70 round trip to work 5-6
days a week. I would fill up every 5 days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.