DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to NJ over the weekend. Got home and got a lil surprise. Water pump leaking. I guess it could have been a lot worse. I'll be using my next 3 days off to fix it. I got all the warning signs. Whine'n noise when turning left and a lil fluid on the ground. I've done a search and I'll be change'n it myself. Can't see dishing out all that $$$$ with the holidays coming. Any and I mean any tips please hook a brotha up LOL

rock

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Hell, while you have the rad fan off you should do the electric fan conversion.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Bummer, dude...

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
hey rock - that is a really simple swap out. if you need any help , let me know. definately best to do that job on your own if you have any mechanical skills whatsoever.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I can pull it off. I'm gonna make sure I have the tools today. Then price'n the pump. Napa/on line/dealer......

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
cbrenn71 said:
hey rock - that is a really simple swap out. if you need any help , let me know. definately best to do that job on your own if you have any mechanical skills whatsoever.
I'll take some pics and write down some nut sizes as I go. What's up with the damn heater tube? that's kicking my ass right now....won't come out of the old pump

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dealer wanted $135 for water pump. advance was $74 with a life time warranty. when removing the heater hose tube do not twist it. it pulls straight out. replace O-ring if bad ($3). wet seal all hose fitting with RTV. if you mess the heater tube up it's $29. radiator shroud is 10mm, water pump bolts 9/16 (center bolt is a torx T47) and belt tensioner nut 9/32. when installing pump torq water pump bolts to 20ft lbs. heater tube goes in last. good time also to change lower radiator hose, timing belt, t-stat & fluid of course. pics are coming just need to download em

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I've read a few posts that have indicated that it easier to just replace the tube.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here's some install pics....
pic 1 big frigg'n screw driver to keep pulley from spinning.

pic 2 heater tube that pulls straight out when swapping to new

pic 3 bypass hose. a biautch to get to

pic 3 just a lil some'n to help remember what goes where.

pic 4 bypass bung wet dipped

Attachments

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pic 1 old vs new

pic 2 back together

pic 3 heater tube hole

hope that helps anyone need'n to do this job. you'll save by doing it yourself.

Attachments

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Nice job, did you do the timing chain?

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah.....thought about it lol

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
I swapped my WP on my old 5.2L Dak - the AutoZone water pump heater hose outlet was not perfectly round so it would leak. They replaced the pump for free so I got to do the job twice.

Good pics!

·
Northeast DDRC Webmaster
1,176 Posts
Kevin_Rants said:
I swapped my WP on my old 5.2L Dak - the AutoZone water pump heater hose outlet was not perfectly round so it would leak. They replaced the pump for free so I got to do the job twice.

Good pics!
LOL
:thatfunny ...I'm not laughing at you bro, just at the way you said it in the last sentence. Sucks though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.