DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
are you open to offers? and where do you live in ohio?
andrew

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really need $200 since I have over $300 into it. Again, they're brand new and have never even tried to be installed. Last time I checked, Summit had just the pulley for $294. I'm in Mentor, about 30 miles east of Cleveland. I will be traveling to Columbus next weekend, so if you were interested, I could meet you somewhere.

thx

·
Registered
362 Posts
i'll take it...i live in stow just above akron. where and when would you want to meet? i work second shift (3pm-11pm) monday through saturday

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...quick question...what does this pulley do different from stock pulley..is it a weight thing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a smaller diameter pulley. Slows the accessories down a tad, thereby freeing up HP.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...ok..did the research...it's weight thing...less load on the crank...

·
Registered
362 Posts
it all depends on th application...the one i put on my ford ranger was smaller and lighter...the one i put on my 03 neon used the stock belts but it was made outta aluminum instead of steel! and in my neon it was a noticable difference...so i can't wait to get this one and install it and feel the difference!

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
hmmm...might hafta to consider this mod now....

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
But does this pulley weigh the same as the stocker? The stocker is a much needed piece as it balances the rotating assembly. 1 wrong move and kaboom to the motor. I have heard stories of them wobbling and leaking oil from the front seal.

·
Registered
362 Posts
its just like a harmonic balancer...but no matter how you change the weight as long as it is balanced it is ok...just like if you take a factory balancer off of say a Ford 302 with 50oz imbalance and put a fluidamper on it you will notice that the fluidamper weighs less but it still has a 50oz imbalance to keep the rotating assmebly balanced correctly. And anytime you replace this pulley or a balancer you are supposed to replace the seal in the front of the engine, because if you don't you WILL get leaks since the old seal has conformed to the old pulley/balancer.
andrew

·
TEXAS BORN AND RAISED
133 Posts
Let me know how ya like it once ya get it put on the truck. I'm very interested in knowing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.