DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
11,654 Posts
Well, I wonder how much you can trust a repair manual when the company that makes them doesn't even know what years the Durango was made.

They list model years from 1988 thru 2001! The Durango was not even introduced until 1998. The thing that is even more interesting is that you can buy a manual for a 1988 Durango. I wonder what the manual says when you receive it. It is probably a big book that says "sucker" on every page.

· Loanshark
93 Posts
I can't comment on the CD but I can tell you the Haynes manual has some important errors in it.

Such as no mention of the bleeding procedure for the cooling system on the 4.7.

I've been told if you don't bleed the system on the 4.7, it will almost certainly overheat.

· WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,433 Posts
It's probably a copy, the cd is just a 80mb pdf.

· Registered
229 Posts
I purchased a FSM on ebay, it's like 3" thick and states on the front 1998 Durango 2 and 4 wheel drive. and have found it to be pretty good (having a 98). I found the manual on the anti-lock brake system is a must with the FSM.
Fred T.

· Registered
827 Posts
another choice is to look for "Mitchell On Demand" torrents. supernova USED to be a good torrent site(it's a pay sit now). mininova is another. why limit yourself to one make/model when you could have info on all domestics from 1988 on. Imports too if you can find it. I downloaded it some time ago. comes in handy with friends, neighbors etc. it's a BIIIGGGGGG file (5 GIGS) so make sure you've got room for it. happy searching.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went ahead and ordered the FSM from Chrysler. I've done the same with other cars in the past. It would just be nice if they put those things on a CD. They are always the size of a friggin phone book and just end up getting thrashed after a while...like a phone book. Anyway, thanks for your input.

· WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,433 Posts
Haahilly, you ordered it on cd, right? It IS available on cd. Just print the pages you need at the vehicle. Unless you have a laptop...

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the heads up!!!...I just called them and they changed the order to a CD. They didn't give me the option the first time around nor did even think to ask.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.