DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying the hidden antenna from Autoloc and having my antenna post shaved smooth.. Anyone know the quality of the hidden antenna? they claim to ACTUALY pick up better than stock....?

View the item here: http://autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=hab

I also found another item on eBay that claims to be just as good. You can view the item here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7983697576&category=38636&sspagename=WDVW

Please give me some suggestions.

Thank you,
-Jason

·
"TRUCKIN"
269 Posts
does anyone think they'll have the same, less or better reception from the stock antenna? my antenna whips around like no tomarow when im off roadin it........im thinkin that or a short stubby one.............

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to bring up an old post but Im about to buy one of these...

Ya, they say the are supposed to recieve more than a standard antenna with a little sacrifice to AM reception... That's not a problem to me, but maybe others... Does anyone have some information about the reception of the Hidden Antenna? I dont know if I should get the "Deluxe Hidden Amplified AM/FM Stereo Antenna" or the one made by Autoloc?

-Jason

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
It should work about as well as the stock antenna on FM, but with its 'dipole' design and being mounted inside you should expect it to be more directional so that when your truck is pointing toward the station's antenna the signal will be strong but when you are sideways the signal will be weaker.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I agree, dump commercial cladded radio and go with xm or sirius. Digital clarity and you get to choose exactly what you want to hear. I would personally go with XM because you will have FAR less chances of "dropping" than sirius due to the vast amount of land repeaters that xm utilizes. The only draw to sirius is Howard Stern in 06' but I'd rather hear finger nails on a chalk board than him anyhow.

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't you have both XM and FM? Hmm, I'm really thinking about XM.. What are subscription costs on that? I still want to have my regular FM radio just because.. ya know..

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
04_on_22s said:
The only draw to sirius is Howard Stern in 06' but I'd rather hear finger nails on a chalk board than him anyhow.
haha Baba Booey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.