DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Auto is one second faster in the 1/4 on trucks with the very same mods.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Properly built you can tow more with an auto than a stick, throw in an exhaust brake and your really setup nice.

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
Valid points guys, but I love being able to select my gears. There is nothing better than ripping through a standard well. Around town stuck in traffic it can be annoying, but I wouldn't trade my jammer for a slush box. Besides, if you were looking for a muscle car, what would look for? Thought so.... just my .02
Chris

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
You can select the gears in the new 6 speed "Auto Stick" :)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I can't take mine in and out of 4WD as easy with an auto. trans. but my 50 year old left knee sometimes complains...lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like shifting gears but my truck will be backing my boat down a lot of steep boat ramps. Usually with someone else behind the wheel (I'm in the boat). Auto tranny gives me peace of mind that dear old dad won't roll my truck and trailer into the lake :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
jcw74801 said:
I like shifting gears but my truck will be backing my boat down a lot of steep boat ramps. Usually with someone else behind the wheel (I'm in the boat). Auto tranny gives me peace of mind that dear old dad won't roll my truck and trailer into the lake :D
My stepdad has had that happen to him....twice!! First was a 91 ram, second was a 94 ram both cummins. Never has let a friend drive his truck since.

--Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.