Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help with this.

I have a strange noise comming from the Transmission area.

It sounds like the Fluid is being squirted in the transmission. This happens during startup and slow starts.
It seems to stop after the truck has been moving for a little while.

But if I stop at a light for a long period of time, it seems to come back and then go away after moving again.

I had to replace the Main bearings last week, due to the thrust bearing was completely shot. And now I've started listening to the truck more.
Is this noise normal and been there all the time. But just noticed it cause I'm listening more closely?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any Ideas?

Is this a TC problem or a bad checkvalve?

please help..

The truck also seems to get loose once it shifts into high gear or when its not under a load or low rpm's.
When I say get loose, I mean it seems to hop or kinda jerk going down the road. The tach and speedo don't indicate anything.. I can just feel it..

any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
Check you transmission dipstick to see if your fluid has air bubbles in it. If so have it checked out.

·
RoaringRam
408 Posts
I had a similar noise to what you are describing and it ended up being the thermostat. The noise in my truck sounded like a gush of water underneath my dash. In the event of a tranny problem, I would take the truck to get it looked at. Dodge tranny's are not the most reliable so I would take it in. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.