DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at either a 4.7 with a manual 6 speed or an auto for now. unless things change by then and now. is the 6 speed a better option. i know somepeople like autos and some like manuals....if it was a 5 speed manual id go automatic...but the 6 speed makes it tempting. are both as equally dependable

·
Registered
253 Posts
I didn't know the RAM cam with a 6spd. I would definately go with that. You're MPG's will be a little better and you wont have to worry about soft shifts and stall converters.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt either, but i was buildig a ram on the dodge site.....4.7 litre regular cab 4x4 with 6 speed manual and manual 4x4.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Each have advantages and disadvantages.

I have never known an automatic, in any vehicle, that was as reliable as a manual transmission, and they will normally put more power to the pavement. They can get old real fast if you do a lot of city driving.

Personnally, I will never own another 4x4 with a manual transmission, but would prefer one in a 2wd. It's primarily due to the type of driving I do. These type of switchbacks can be nerve wracking with a manual transmission especially in a large vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont believe ill ever have to work a switch back like that in the next 10 years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.