DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
05HemiBigHorn
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 and was wondering if anyone has installed one of these. I am having trouble finding the wire for the door locks.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Check out the how to section. 06QuadRam wrote one up for another tailgate lock. It shows the wire location and colors, etc

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I don't know if your lock is the same, but here is the thread that I started when i was having trouble wiring up mine. Toward the bottom of the second page has the correct colored wires that I used in the Drivers side B pilar for the rear door.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204149

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
Check out the how to section. 06QuadRam wrote one up for another tailgate lock. It shows the wire location and colors, etc
this write up is great, it is what I used to install and run the wires, but the colors are definitely different for his 06.

·
05HemiBigHorn
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the help!!:tup:

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
your welecome. Let us know how you make out

·
05HemiBigHorn
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might wait until tomorrow and fire up the heater in the garage and just take the tailgate right off since today we never got above 0. Its like -9 out now and dropping. Was -34 the other night and thats not including windchill. burrr

So the wires are tan and green and will drill near the door pillar. After reading up on this I am wishing I hadnt bought the AutoLoc because it was $50, $15 sounds a lot better.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
the place where I got the $15 one does not have any more of them, so $50 was probably a good price.

and wow it is cold there. We are supposed to get in the negatives, but nothing like that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have a 08 and mine was under the drivers side molding on the floor.if ya need to know the colors let me know and ill try to hook ya up.not sure if the color will be the same or not.

·
05HemiBigHorn
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally was able to get it installed today and works great. Thanks everybody and qietpeen on your thread on your install with the correct wires because I didnt want to hack the harness. Why doesnt dodge have this as at least an option? Whats with the unused plug thats next to the harness under the door trim?

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Yeah, the colors are gonna be different. But you can find a wiring diagram on here if you ask nicely. Someone has one.
I like your write-up in the "how to" section. I wish I had the money for all the cool stuff I see on DT!

:D

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I finally was able to get it installed today and works great. Thanks everybody and qietpeen on your thread on your install with the correct wires because I didnt want to hack the harness. Why doesnt dodge have this as at least an option? Whats with the unused plug thats next to the harness under the door trim?
glad you got it installed. I didn't have an unused plug under the door trim. Do you have a powered drivers seat?

·
05HemiBigHorn
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I have a power seat but why would they leave a plug unused? Maybe for heated leather?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.