DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out why I can't get the doors to auto lock for me. I've tried the instructions in the owner's manual for activating this feature probably a hundred times, but can't get it to go. In the Haynes manual it says that if the chime isn't heard the computer didn't initiate or something like that. Of course the dealer wants to hook up the diagnostic unit to it for $60 to figure out the problem! My question: is there a way to reset the computer, or maybe some other way to get this feature to work. I've even tried disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery in hopes that the system would "reset", but no joy. Any help would be appreciated.
2006 Durango
SLT w/Hemi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
auto door lock problem 06 Durango

Thanks for the welcome. We just bought our Durango last month, and we really like it.
Yes, when I get in and drive off, the doors are supposed to lock after reaching 15mph, but it doesn't happen. When I program it to auto lock doing what the manual says, I'm supposed to hear a chime telling me that it was done correctly, but I never hear the chime, and the doors haven't locked for me yet. I was thinking there should be a way to reset the computer or the system maybe? All of the power door lock buttons work like they should but the computer-or the interface between the two-seems to be the only thing that isn't working. No blown fuses, or anything like that either.

·
Black Durangos Rock
800 Posts
Welcome X2... not sure why if you follow the procedure in the owners manual it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've got nothing really to add besides I also had trouble trying to program a similar feature. I followed the instruction manual to the letter and after a half hour of trying I finally gave up.

Eventually I bought an aftermarket alarm to add the features I supposedly already had.

Eddie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.