DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an OEM auto dim mirror in their 06 R/T? I hate the cheap Day/Night mirror in the car and want to change it to a Auto Dim like I did in the wifes Durango. One Dodge parts person said it can not be done. Another said I will need a harness for the mirror but he does not know where or how it hooks in.
Has anyone else done this that can give me a heads up as to what is involved?
The Durango was a snap as the wire for the mirror was just taped back on the harness but I can not feel such a thing under the headliner on the Daytona.
:help:

·
Registered
34 Posts
mirror

:help: what did you fine out on installing the mirror
are he wire up there
I would like to do it to my 06 charger D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lewisroy the harness connector is behind the left front windshield pillar. If you grasp it at the top and pull back it will pop back about 1.5 inches. Then you will see a clip retainer in holding the pin from going back any further. If you use a small flat blade screw driver to gently push in on the sides of the retainer it will release from the pillar and the cover will come loose more. It is still held in at the lower edge and side. Some gentle pulling and it will come free. If your car is not a base line car you should see a large white connector attached to the pillar with several wires in it. If you only see 3 or four your car will only take the auto dim mirror. If it has like 13 wires it will take the auto dim and the U-connect mirror.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
auto mirror dimmer

I have a dodge R/T daytona

what part did you used to do this

mirror
wire hornist
did you the the part for a dealer [ if so what were to parts number]
If you wire strat to the white plug what wire did you used
and did you used the mirror from a Durango [my durango has 3 wire 1 ground 1 to the ing switch and 1 to the back up light [this turn off the auto dimmer when you back up]or a daytona mirror and did it have 3 wire
thank you for your help
lewis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Daytona. Top Banana. The harness and mirror are only for the LX body cars. Your local Dodge dealer can get you the parts. Yes the harness plugs into the white connector and then it clips along the front edge of the roof. If you remove the sun visor at the same time you remove the pillar cover you can just get your hand in to clip the harness up to the roof. The whole job as far as the mirror and harness should not take more than 1/2 hour tops.
There are two harness and two mirrors depending on what you want to install.
The auto-dim with U-Connect mirror 4806228AB and harness 5089053AB and you will need the Module #5064013AV, Fits behind the glove box on the right side. If you remove the glove box door and look up and to the right you will see a place that mounts the module and a harness connector taped back to the harness. The module attaches with two #8 screws. REMEMBER if you only have three or four may even be five wires in the white connector you CAN not install the U-Connect with out another harness and a lot more work. After you install it you can swing by your local Dodge dealer and have them TURN ON the U-Connect. It will work with out doing this how ever it will show up on the dash if you have it turned on by way of the cars computer system.
As for the non U-Connect Auto Dim mirror I do not have those numbers in front of me. If you need them I can find out what they are tomorrow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
auto dimmer morror

I do not need the u connet
all I need is the auto dimming mirror part
the parts number would be grate that would help me a lot
thank
lewis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.