DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been looking at the site for a while but this is my first post. I've always been a Mopar guy (mostly muscle cars but I have had 2 other rams) and I just got a 2007 Yellow Dodge Ram Sport Quad cab. It has a Pioneer Avic D-3 stereo/Nav system in it and I want to upgrade the speakers. I'm thinking about Kicker Ks690 6x9's for the front doors, Kicker ks600 6 1/2"for the rear doors, and adding Kicker ks350 3.5" to the dash. The truck only came with 4 speakers so I'm adding the dash speakers.

My question is, I'm thinking of hooking up the dash speakers(with bass blockers) and rear doors to the Pioneer head unit at 22 RMS, and I'm thinking of getting a 3/4 channel amp and running channels 1/2 to the front doors and 3/4 to a single 10" sub under the rear seat. The Avic D3 has preouts for front, rear, and sub. Question is 1 does this sound like a good plan, and 2, can I hook up the front and sub preouts to the amp and still use the head units front channel for the dash, or will hooking up the front preout to the amp cancel the head units fronts, giving no power to the dash speakers.

I'm good with mechanics and customizing but stereo knowledge is not my strong point. If this wont work, any other ideas? Also is that a decent choice for speakers. I can get all 3 pairs for about $145 and I'm not looking to spend a fortune, just improve over the stock garbage speakers.

Also, I'm thinking about the Jenson Power760 for an amp, I know its nothing great but it gets great reviews for a low end amp, I also have an older Rockford Fosgate Punch 300 but it only puts out 35 RMS per channel, which would be fine for the front doors but I dont know if I can bridge the 3 and 4 channels for a sub, and I dont think it would be much power to a 10" sub
Any help would be great. Thanks

Butch

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
My pioneer 880 PRS allows me to run all 6 RCAs (3 pair), and still pipes music out of the speaker level wires. I run a 2 way active frontstage off a 4 channel amp (2 pair of RCAs, front and rear), and a sub amp using the sub outs. So all of my RCAs are plugged in, and the rear speakers still work off head unit power. My head unit still allows fader control on the rear speakers, but it's a specialty head unit (designed specifically for SQ systems and people that know what they're doing). I would guess that your proposed setup will work, but can't be certain as I haven't played with the nav decks. Usually you'll have a menu while the head unit's source is off where you can turn the onboard amplifier on or off. Check to see if yours does, and if so, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot for the info. Yeah thats exactly what I want to do, run the front dash and the rear doors off the head units power and the front doors and a silgle 10" sub off an amp. I know there is a setting to set the sub on and off in the menu and I'll look to see if theres a menu to turn the onboard amp on and off. Thanks again, I think this will be a nice setup for what I'm looking for, a big improvement over the factory speakers but not costing a fortune.

Butch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.