DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a quick question about the sound system I am planning on... I saw this at walmart and was wondering if its any good.. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5230828
I don't need much wasn't even really planning on upgrading speakers, but cant beat this deal.. Also the only reason I am getting an head unit is so I can hook up my 2 channel amp and two 10's.... Is this deal junk or going to be a problem when hooked to the amp? Thanks

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
they will all match in quality, i can see them being fine at medium listening levels but crackling and statiic at higher levels. Overall id say its a great deal, just not the finest quality (say if your looking for nice highs)

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I dont see any problem with hooking up an amp as long as there are RCA jacks on the back on the head unit. I am not going to say that it is going to be a killer stereo or anything, but it will be better than factory. I seen that the other day at the store, it looks like a good deal for what you are getting.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHen it says like 180 watts for the HU that doesnt matter much since the most power needed is for the subs and ill have a external amp right?

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
The 180 watts will be divided between the speakers hooked to the headunit. So you should have 45 watts on each of your four speakers. The sub will get its power from the amp, it wont take any power from the headunit.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
yup^ Seems like a good deal. I too have seen that product. It should have RCA connections for the amps but I suggest you ditch the Free hat lol.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
For that type of money you can go for the cheaper alpine model. It will liven your stock speakers and its a better quality

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I stick with sony with anything to do with audio. I will wind up probably getting the CDX-GT200 head unit so I have mp3.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Well with my head unit you can install blue tooth, add a wireless remote, and add an adapter so you can play your ipod off of it. It also can play mp3 cds which you can put almost 200 songs on 1 cd. I included a cd with 70 rap songs on it. It also reads out the song name, album and artest. Can your sony do that :p lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ryan2589 said:
I stick with sony with anything to do with audio.
Thats like sticking with a Zastava Koral ( also known as the Yugo) for an automobile.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
^ huh? LOL

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Sony is not the best brand, but i had a complete setup in my jeep and i loved the sound of it... for 94 bux you cannot beat that. a HU and 4 speakers that fit you truck... id jump all over that if you were watching your budget. You will not win any competitons with it, it wont sound as good as a 200bux HU and 200bux/pair speakers BUT it will sound 10x better than your stock (if stock is NOT infinity) and you not even spending 100bux (you will eventually with the harness and the HU holder and if you gonna get it installed) but honostly alot of us can walk you step by step how to install a simple HU and door speakers since our rams is a PIECE OF CAKE to install door speakers and HU's.

-David

·
Registered
280 Posts
That is a great deal and will sound better than your stock stereo and speakers, but if you are going to add an amplifier and subs you really should consider finding a HU that has a Subwoofer preout. It will be easier to balance out the sound of the stereo if the HU has adjustments specifically for the subs, fronts & rears. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually wound up ordering the CDX-GT300 from crutchfield. I stick with sony because they sound really good and great prices. My next plan is to build a box around my sub box. My sub box now holds two tens but is only 2-3 feet long. So I am going to build a box to sit around it and steches across the entire rear area so It looks more cleaner and meant to be. I hate to spend $125 on a new box when I can build one around mine now for 20 bucks... Any input?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Ryan2589 said:
I actually wound up ordering the CDX-GT300 from crutchfield. I stick with sony because they sound really good and great prices. My next plan is to build a box around my sub box. My sub box now holds two tens but is only 2-3 feet long. So I am going to build a box to sit around it and steches across the entire rear area so It looks more cleaner and meant to be. I hate to spend $125 on a new box when I can build one around mine now for 20 bucks... Any input?
Well you seem to not want to listen to our replies and you went out and bought what you want and you are not trying to even understand our point and you are basically saying sony is the best which its really the best because its cheap. As they say you get what you pay for. So what kind of input do you really need ?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm actaully I did listen to the replyers input, Zoom's to be exact. Not everyone said the Deal was great.. And since I am going to be powering two subs I decided to get a HU with a little more power and the sub pre-out. And I was looking for any tips on the box I will be building around my sub box....

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you are after a sub and amp wouldn`t it be better to apply the $94.00 towards a Sub amp that accepts both line level and speaker level outputs and keep you existing HU how good can the Sony be for that price w/speakers to boot or a line level convertor ? Just another option

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.