DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i got a 08 ram 4 speaker system no factory amp and im trying to find an amp to hook up to my door speakers, nothing powerful,to give it a little thump. but i cant find anything about it just how to by pass the factory infinity amp that i dont have,any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
you need to get a line out converter and use that to run to the line in on the amp. rerun speaker wire to the door speakers then. I assume you are replacing the speakers too? Don't amp the factory speakers.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
you need to get a line out converter and use that to run to the line in on the amp. rerun speaker wire to the door speakers then. I assume you are replacing the speakers too? Don't amp the factory speakers.
I dumped the whole factory system in my '08 and the guys said at the shop that did my truck said it don't matter what stereo you have they have seen an amp in these trucks without the infinity sound system.
You need to open the glove box all the way up by releasing a couple tabs and pointing it to the floor mat to look up under the dash. There either a large opening or an amp.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
exactly what he said. Best place to tap in for the line output converter is right behind the deck.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Aw, hell. What fun is it not to amp the factory speaker just before youre going to replace them anyway? :rck:

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I dumped the whole factory system in my '08 and the guys said at the shop that did my truck said it don't matter what stereo you have they have seen an amp in these trucks without the infinity sound system.
You need to open the glove box all the way up by releasing a couple tabs and pointing it to the floor mat to look up under the dash. There either a large opening or an amp.
Gotta picture of this?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Gotta picture of this?
I dont have a pic but there is a tab at the top left and one on the right side. You cant miss them as they are the only thing that makes contact from the glove box door to the top.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i know i dont have an amp there, trying to find out a little more about line out converter, and when i get it hooked up im think im going to blow the factory speaker for fun before replacing them

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
all a line output converter does is take the signal from the speaker wires and converts it into RC Cable so you can plug them into the amp. you can get them at audio stores, ebay. Here - I have a 4 channel loc with remote wire lead that I will sell for $15 shipped. PM me if you are intersted.

The other option would be to replace the factory deck with an aftermarket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.