Auburn or Detoit Truetrac

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase one of these next week. I am leaning towards the Truetrac because of its gears and no clutches. I also have noticed that the Auburn says something about "accepts ABS tone ring." Does anyone know if the Truetrac does as well?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=dtl-913a368

·
Registered
696 Posts
I vote truetrac

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,470 Posts
Im gonna get one or the other in December... isnt there like a $100 difference between the two... is the 100bux justified with the DTT... is it worth it?

I have seen about a split view in the poll between the two, but it seems like DTT voters are the only ones expressing their opinions... maybe thats a hint?

-David

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I went with the Auburn!!! The only reason being I read many posts from Jeep, Titan and numerous other platforms having issues with the DTT. Detroit or whoever the company is that owns them now refused to do any warranty work on them when a whole bunch of them disintegrated. Now with that being said I have not heard of any issues from Ram owners, but I just didn't want to take a chance.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Well before you go spend your money with SUMMIT... check our prices... Also summit does NOT offer fee shipping either... They have a $10.00 handeling fee they tack on each order... that means we have them beat by $20.00!

They are BOTH great products. I voted for the DTT because thats the one im saving up for. No clutches... I just like the sound of that! The Auburn is another great unit and If I where to chose a CLUTCH type carrier it would be the AUBURN. My gear guy swares by them!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
We have 4 Detroit true tack's in stock on my shelf right now as we speak... So if your ready to purchase a DTT and have not looked at our pricing lately with FREE SHIPPING then you may want to take a gander at our site again... This price can NOT be beat!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Mike
526 Posts
helo-pilot said:
I went with the Auburn!!! The only reason being I read many posts from Jeep, Titan and numerous other platforms having issues with the DTT. Detroit or whoever the company is that owns them now refused to do any warranty work on them when a whole bunch of them disintegrated. Now with that being said I have not heard of any issues from Ram owners, but I just didn't want to take a chance.
I read on the Eaton site, (the mfg's site) that the recomended tire size is 32" or under. Has anyone had a problem running a larger tire. 35" to be exact, as the Truetrac is my planned purchase in the future.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have had both of them, Auburn is better for off-road use Truetrac is better for towing.

·
Registered
936 Posts
which one would be better for daily driving and coming from some what of a peformance angle tho?

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
AmericanMuscle said:
which one would be better for daily driving and coming from some what of a peformance angle tho?
I think they are BOTH great Diffs for daily driving... The differences are that the Detroit true Trac is clutchless, so it will be more consistant and last longer... but the Auburn is re-buildable... and it will last a very long time before it needs re-building... so honestly... its up to you and what you need.

I have a DTT about to go in as soon as I get my transmission installed.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hmm first i was just gonna install gears, but now im seriously thinking of a new lsd too. So do aftermarket lsds have the same broken c-clip problems as the stockers. Im a little drivetrain retarded!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The Truetrac has better street manners because it is an open differential until one wheel starts spinning faster than the other then the limited-slip kicks-in. The Auburn is limited-slip all the time and is more prone to that wheel bounce on turns that limited-slip's can have the Truetrac is not. On the other side because the Auburn is limited-slip all the time it is a little more responsive off-road.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.