DodgeTalk Forum banner

Should I go with the Chrome or Black theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at cusomization options for the HEMI and I realize I have a lot of items to choose from. I want my truck to be different from all the rest and am leaning towards BLACK on my 05 Atlantic Blue HEMI. I dont know what happend, but somewhere along the way, I became partial to Black rims, grill inserts, taillights, etc. I am a chrome man to the MAXX and I dont know why I'm thinking this way. Maybe its the new craze effecting me or something.

Anywho... what are your opinions on the Atlantic Blue and Black combination? Let me hear it good or bad. I would rather get told before hand that my truck would look like SH*T, rather than drive it araound and have people be nice and say "Sure, your truck looks good....:crazy::YUK:

Does any one have any pics of the same combo? I would love to see them.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I think the chrome wheels will look better on an Atlantic blue truck than black ones.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
in my honest opinion i think black rims only look good on a couple colors. deep olive hunter green, black, and dark dark silver/grey. anything else needs chrome or aluminum

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
yeah, black and atl blue wouldn't look right in my opinion

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Chrome

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Go chrome.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
black wounld be different on the atlantic blue, but every truck i've seen with a crome theme looks killer, so I hate to say it, causwe I like different too, but it might be wiser to do what others have done and worked well for them.

·
Registered
584 Posts
i say go with black wheels with a polished lip, that would look nice. I saw a dark blue s-10 with black wheels and chrome lip, it looks very nice

·
Registered
132 Posts
On a blue truck -- Chrome :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
everyone has chrome wheels so why not be different and get the black wheels

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!... I though this would make my decision easier, but it hasnt. I do agree only a few trucks can pull off the ALL Black theme. I guess its time to experiment... I want to be different and have the HEMI look good at the same time. I think going with a Black theme would be different and if worse comes to worse, I just go with All-American CHROME.

you know what they say..."Once you go Black...You never go Back" :D

keep the opinions comming. I take it nobody has any picks of Black themed Atlantic Blue trucks?

·
BAMF
1,911 Posts
I know it's NOT a Ram...but here's a pic of my buddy's Atlantic blue Dakota QC with the black theme started.... Hope this helps ya a little bit.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Get somebody to photoshot a black trim one for you

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mopar_Freak - that gives me alot to go off of...Tell your bud his truck looks great. A picture is worth a thousand words.

uncbob - I am working on something right now, I'll post it when I'm done. Great minds think alike.

·
Registered
318 Posts
sethro said:
you know what they say..."Once you go Black...You never go Back"
Not true; I went from a black '02 1500 QC into my Solar Yellow '04. Previous THREE vehicles were all black as well. Dunno, sometimes ya gotta do something different.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Mopar_Freak said:
I know it's NOT a Ram...but here's a pic of my buddy's Atlantic blue Dakota QC with the black theme started.... Hope this helps ya a little bit.

Now, that look good, btu only because he removed all other crome pieces too, if you do that it will work!

·
AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,438 Posts
sethro said:
keep the opinions comming. I take it nobody has any picks of Black themed Atlantic Blue trucks?
Sorry, I have to say chrome. You'd be able to pull off the black if you got black steps and maybe got a blue on black paint job. But that could get pricey.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I think it looks cool on that Dakota and would look good on your ride as well. Would be set off even more with some Black Vinyl stripes from Westside Vinyl.

KB

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.