DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Slammed1, who gave me an awesome deal on the Aero-Turbine, I am the latest convert to the AT club! Believe it or not, this is my 4th muffler on this truck, and it's definitely the one for 04+ Hemis.

The first 3 were Magnaflows of various types (SISO, SIDO), running resonator tips, cutouts, flex couplers, dampers, and turndowns in an attempt to reduce or eliminate resonance. On each muffler I tried various combinations of the above modifications (not all at the same time on the same muffler), but none of them made much of a difference. When I finally eliminated the drone on my last muffler (14588 SIDO) by cutting off the tailpipes and dumping it, it still sounded whiny and weak.

To install the AT3030, I had the muffler shop use a cutoff section of stock tailpipe with resonator, and weld on a nice 4" stainless tip. The sound is just awesome, and unbelievably smooth. Deep, low and powerful sounding, it's very different than the Magnaflows. There's no other way to describe it. Absolutely NO RESONANCE at all (thanks to stock resonator), and I love the way it sounds.

The AT3030 was just installed yesterday, so I have no mpg numbers yet. From what others have reported, I may see a slilght improvement, but the sound gains are definitely worthwhile.

Thanks for an awesome deal, Brian!!

· Registered
302 Posts
Barmats.... Your thread is timely in my case as my AT3030 arrived this week. I haven't had time to get it installed, YET!

Unfortunately, I didn't order it from Slammed 1 as it would have given a fellow dodgetalk member some business and from the sound of your thread saved money.

I'm stunned at how small the AT30303 is. That said, the technology they use must be working. To date, I haven't read about anyone who took a Aero Turbine off their truck due to unsatisfactory results.

I'm going to leave the stock resonator in place and purchase the double walled Mopar tip, which shouldn't discolor.

Congrats on your successful mod and thanks again for posting the results.

Zach

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean about the size - it's less than a quarter the size of the muffler it replaced. In fact, my muffler guy who owns the shop scoffed at the new muffler, and said it was worthless and would be incredibly loud. He tried to talk me into true duals, but I insisted on going through with it. And I'm glad I did!

When we fired up the truck after the install, he was stunned at how quiet it was and how good it sounded. Unless you're looking for LOUD, I think leaving the stock resonator on is a good idea. Plus, you're not likely to end up with resonance or drone with it on, which was very important to me.

I think you're going to love the sound! Just make sure they install it correctly with the ribs towards the back. Keep us posted!

· Registered
302 Posts
Yes sir, resonance is an important issue here as well. Duly noted on the ribs toward back. My best friend owns a muffler shop, can't wait until I pull that "huge" carton out of the truck. No doubt he'll have the same reaction your muffler shop did. Uhhhh, guess this only proves what some men have been trying to convince their women of for years, bigger is not always better! :thatfunny

Enjoy that new AT3030!

Z

· Registered
155 Posts
For you 4.7 guys and gals reading this thread and sweating to get your AT, make sure you get the AT2525. ;)

· Registered
302 Posts
Excellent point, Kidafius...

· Registered
4,012 Posts
I like to hear all of my Hemi, I left the resonator in the scrap pile. Sounds awesome! :rck:

· ITS SO SLOW !
1,660 Posts
and also do they make one with dual out i want two pipes in front of rear tire and i agree i like to hear all of my hemi

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Single in / single out only!
Install a split tip before the tire.
Thats where I am going to reinstall my AERO 3030.
I currently have the Flowmaster Delta flow 40 series single in, dual out. Pics in my gallery.

· Registered
302 Posts
I ordered a 10 ft stick of 3" stainless steel exhaust pipe, unpolished. That's the shortest length I could easily find. I'm going to have the muffler shop weld on equal lengths on both ends of my AT-3030 so I can center the muffler (so to speak) in the exhaust system. This is simply an option for SI/SO muffler replacement, probably overkill on my part. I shouldn't need any more than 2 ft. off the 10 ft. length. If anyone wants (1) 2 ft. length of this or (2) 1 ft. sections, PM me and I'll price it out, shipped by UPS Ground.

· Registered
7 Posts
How much is the AT 3030 from Slammed1?

· Registered
302 Posts
$175 from Slammed 1, including shipping, good deal! I ordered online last Sunday off Aero Turbines web site, $196 including shipping. Checked Slammed 1's web site before ordering but I couldn't find the AT3030, much less a price. I should have PM'ed him and/or waited until Monday to order. $21 is $21, but more importantly, it's better to give advertisers and contributing Forum members the business, that's where I porked the pooch.

Sorry about that Slammed 1,

Zach

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.