DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after waiting on backordered tires, the correct Rancho shocks and getting the time to get it done, the new shoes are on the Hemi and here is a pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Very nice! Good idea on the shoes.

·
HEMTIMADATION FACTOR
71 Posts
Flame On Bro. Your Truck Looks Good. :rck:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very, very nice. How many inches did u get out of the 5 turns on the t-bars?

Drive with pride! :gr_patrio

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gentleman, thank you very much. :D Would have taken some better pics but the 100 degree heat convinced me it could wait till I get my gallery set up.

For those wanting a inexpensive mod, the Mopar rear wheel well liners are a easy install, just take your time and the results are better than I imagined. :rck:

RV Guy.... I need to edit my signature as I backed off the T-bars by about 1/2 turn ea. to keep a slight rake to the truck. I used a carpenters level, placed on top of the bed, lengthwise on both sides to make sure I had the rake I wanted. Measuring of the wheel well heights was done before, during and after too. I picked up about 1.5 inches of lift, had it aligned afterwards too, alignment was off.

Next is installation of precut window tinting I got from Gila, purchase of the double walled exhaust tip from Mopar and putting in the deep pile, embroidered floor mats I bought from one of our sponsors here.

Zach

·
Registered
39 Posts
Real nice ride. Make sure you get some close ups of those tires when you post that gallery. Also please show how far the tires stick out from the wheel wells. What size wheels are they 17x ?. I know I ask for alot so let me say thx.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duckbutter....the steering wheel was turned slightly in this photo, they do stick out a little more than the stock 20's.

Welds are 17 x 8, 4.65" offset.

Zach

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dam your faster than Domino's. Thanks if I can ever find those tires off back order they will be on the way. thx again. Are you happy with the look of that size tire or do you wish you went bigger?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For me, the 295's are perfect as I didn't want to go with the taller 315's due to the compromise it would make in the 3.92 axle gearing. I do think the 315's look a little better, especially with a full 2" front end lift (I only went 1.5"). The 315's are 1.4" taller than 295's.

One thing I especially like about the Terra Grapplers is how quiet they are, I was pleasantly surprised.

Hope this helps, keep hounding Discount Tire if you decide to stick with the 295's.

Zach

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
nice lookin truck bro

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
thats tight

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
dam zach that looks real good now time for the bull bar :D

chuck

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked was because 5 turns seamed a bit more than the usual. Was just curious regarding the inches gained. I agree, backing off 1/2 turn was probably a wise adea.

Drive with pride. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Zach did Discount tire give you the free shipping on those Nittos. It say "Free shipping on ALL tires" but they told me not on those. I have when companies lie in advertising.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Duck,

Buddy of mine, who also happens to be a long time customer, manages a Discount Tire here in the Metroplex. I bought them from him and drove over to his store to pick them up, after they came in of course. Also bought the Welds from him as well, he price matched 4WP, even to the point of giving me an extra $100 off as they were running a special on the Welds at the time I purchased from him.

Do you have a local Discount Tire you can deal with? They seem to be the biggest dealer of Nittos in the US, but that's just a guess on my part.

Zach

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nice looking truck!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
No I sure dont. I was trying to get them through the online dealer. I had it all ready to go and then they changed they're minds on the Advertised free shipping and tried to soak me with that so I figured [email protected]#@ them and will try to find them somewhere else. If anyone knows a good place please let me know. Thx again

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all my Ram brethren for the kind words. It's great we have this Forum to exchange ideas, opinions and pics! :cool:

Duckbutter... Sorry to hear of the snafu with Discount.
Run a search for Nitto dealers on the Internet, there are others out there on the Internet.

Zach

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.