DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its hard to put a $$ figure on how much I have saved reading the tips and similar experiencesin these forums, a big thanks to all who have shared.

I am stumped on a little bug I've got. I have a 99 D 5.9 with a hesitation that clears up after 1/8 throttle. At idle an occasional engine hesitation appears intermittantly. As I have replaced TPS, cleaned the relocated IAT, replaced plugs (3923),K&N Stage II installed, I installed new MSD Coil, replaced rotor. I have also ran SeaFoam through both tank and booster line, as well as tried new gas. I run 93 always. Am replacing cap, installing Taylor wires and MSD 6a this weekend. 52mm TB is on its way. These Mods were planned before this hesitation began. The only repairs recently were water pump, radiator, Evaporator, compressor, misc. suspension parts.

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
pull off your Idle air control valve and clean it - I bet it's pretty gunked up.

If you don't have a programmer or serious pinging, you don't need 93 octane gas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I thought of cleaning it before just throwing $$ at it with a new one.
Turns out it was simple after all, when replacing cap/rotor I noticed alot of crud build up under a couple of wires at the cap. Closer inspection found one of the stock wires was heavily corroded. Replaced them with Taylors and the problem was gone. I will clean the IAC. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.