DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Originating Member
33,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.arringtonengines.com/

Arrington is offering a 426 carb'ed and distributor fired late model Hemi that makes 511HP and 550 lb fts of torque.

They topped it off with a new fabricated front cover and distributor drive and added the NASCAR Nextel Cup manifold, with custom adapter plates and a Holley 750 carb.

If you would rather have it in the EFI version, that is available as well ...

for more info:

http://www.arringtonengines.com/products/new-products/

FYI

· AirFuelEddie
5,458 Posts
Cool, I met those guys at the Nats this year. They were in a mud pit and didnt seem to happy. I approached them about the current Chevy R07 Nextel cup motor, asking them why G.M. was 'allowed' a brand new engine this year along with newcomer toyoda but Chrysler wasnt. Why? He explained it all to me and was very courteous, we discussed the new Gen.III Hemi and all it's iterations, very nice professional people! MoPar 100% as well! Brian, MoPar Engines West builds 'modern DIS Gen II Hemis that are able to achieve 20+ M.P.G.,(OK thats a lie), :D 650+ H.P. 600+Torque, 472 Hemi that can idle down to 550 RPM and scream to 7000+ RPM's all on california piss water,(91 octane),! All Hemi's are Impressive!!!Eddie :rck:

· Registered
1,454 Posts
threetwos said:
Brian, MoPar Engines West builds 'modern DIS Gen II Hemis that are able to achieve 20+ M.P.G.,(OK thats a lie), :D 650+ H.P. 600+Torque, 472 Hemi that can idle down to 550 RPM and scream to 7000+ RPM's all on california piss water,(91 octane),! All Hemi's are Impressive!!!Eddie :rck:
your right Eddie there are some very impressive gen II Hemis out there and i ran across a fellow on another web site that has a REALLY hot one.

it's a 472 with 10.25 compression and a stage v intake and fully ported and polished aluminum heads with a flat tappit cam and his dyno sheet showed it pulling 710 HP and 583 lbs of torque and it dosen't have any outside power adders on it either.

i would hate to hear how much he has in the darn thing, he showed photos of the Barton designed rocker set up and he said he gave $2800.00 just for those.

· AirFuelEddie
5,458 Posts
Brian_RO said:
your right Eddie there are some very impressive gen II Hemis out there and i ran across a fellow on another web site that has a REALLY hot one.

it's a 472 with 10.25 compression and a stage v intake and fully ported and polished aluminum heads with a flat tappit cam and his dyno sheet showed it pulling 710 HP and 583 lbs of torque and it dosen't have any outside power adders on it either.

i would hate to hear how much he has in the darn thing, he showed photos of the Barton designed rocker set up and he said he gave $2800.00 just for those.
Oh yeah! That 'little' 472 had some serious heads and valvetrain in it! Bet he also had a large plenum intake,(S.P.) but man those Barton bedplate rockers are the 'setup' for those high rpm Hemis! 2800.00 ouch!

· Registered
563 Posts
If it was in a Mopar mag I probably did. I wonder how long one of those engines would run in a street car, if they will run five hundred miles at a average of 6500 RPM's in a race car.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
threetwos said:
Oh yeah! That 'little' 472 had some serious heads and valvetrain in it! Bet he also had a large plenum intake,(S.P.) but man those Barton bedplate rockers are the 'setup' for those high rpm Hemis! 2800.00 ouch!
actually the intake was a Stage V 2x4 intake which sorta suprised me but it still makes the power. i didn't have $2800.00 in my heads, less rocker assembly.

I wonder how long one of those engines would run in a street car, if they will run five hundred miles at a average of 6500 RPM's in a race car.
it is unreal at the rpm range and miles those engines live at. it would probablly out last me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.