Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I have a few Dodge's.

1. 2004 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab w/ 5.7L Hemi
2. 2003 Dodge SRT-4 ("lightly" modified :evillaugh )
3. 1999 Dodge Neon R/T All Motor track car

And I have a 1981 Jeep CJ-7

I'm also helping my brother fab up a frame and shoe-horn a 440 in to a 1995 Dodge Neon :D

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
MChat said:
New to the forum. I have a few Dodge's.

1. 2004 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab w/ 5.7L Hemi
2. 2003 Dodge SRT-4 ("lightly" modified :evillaugh )
3. 1999 Dodge Neon R/T All Motor track car

And I have a 1981 Jeep CJ-7

I'm also helping my brother fab up a frame and shoe-horn a 440 in to a 1995 Dodge Neon :D
Welcome to DodgeTalk! Let us know how the Neon project comes out! That would be one bad a$$ ride! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, we're not planning on doing much with the engine to start with. Mainly just want to go for a near stock rebuild with some minor changes (cam, intake manifold, headers) so hopefully around 400hp at the rear wheels. If we can hit the hp and weight goals, low 10's should be attainable.

Of course, by the time that car is done, my Daily Driver SRT-4 probably won't be too far behind. It consistantly hit 11.7's in the mid 120's last Friday night. Density altitude was 4700 ft. I've got a few things to add, mostly safety equipment and things to help with the launch, but I'm hoping for an 11.2 out of it once it cools down out here. Next year the plan is to build a forged engine, turn up the boost even further, add a 100 shot and shoot for mid 10's. (Probably about the same time the 440 Neon is ready for a full pass...)

The All Motor 2.0L car is also nearing completion; I should have it running deep into the 11's by the end of the year. I plan on completing it, and probably putting it up for sale. (Too many projects)

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
sounds like a cool project

I think it was either Dean Skuza or Larry Morgan who had a HEMI in a Neon ?

anyway

Welcome to the site

keep us posted on the progress

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk! Keep us updated on the progress of your Neon project! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe.. Which project? All three Neons could technically be called "projects" :D

I have a feeling I know which one most people are interested in ;)

I've been waiting for my brother to come over to get some work done on the 440 Neon (also known as "Project NOHC" which stands for "No Over Head Camshaft"). In the meantime I've been working on the All Motor neon, I got the broken tranny out last night. (8k rpm rated clutches don't like spinning to 10k rpm) Here's a carnage pic for ya:

Here are the picture albums for all 3 cars:
440 Neon: http://community.webshots.com/album/339930758HPRZKM
All Motor Neon: http://www.azchatfield.net/pics/Default.asp?Size=250&ID=37
SRT-4: http://www.azchatfield.net/pics/Default.asp?Size=250&ID=45

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk!:gr_patrio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.