DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it's raining, or has been, and I get in the truck, the "LAMP OUT" light comes on. It usually goes off after a varying period of time, but sometimes stays on the whole trip. It only does this when it's wet, never when it's dry, leading me to believe something is shorting maybe? I checked all the lights several times (last time I really did have a light out). I made sure every light works, turns, parkng lights, etc.

Any insight on this? No side effects other than bugging the crap out of me.

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
Do you have the tow pkg? If so check your trailer wiring and receptacle. This happened to me awhile back (corrosion gets in there and cause it) Dealer told me it happens all the time...

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Yeah there are several threads on this. The connector gets corroded up and shorts as I recall. Search on it and you'll find similar issues.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...when the lamp out comes on...do you notice if any lights are out?, if not, do you notice if any are dim? I got an intermittent lamp out the last few days...I noticed my passenger side headlight was dim...what I did was find the ground wire, it was attached behind the airbox...took the wire off and filed off the paint on the body where the wire attached....reattached the ground wire and now my lamp out doesn't come on and my silverstars are as bright as ever...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I check the lights when the lamp out light is on, so I'm sure it isn't a real light out.

I'll have to check the 4-pin harness, I didn't think of that. Actually, mine is so corroded that I have to use the 7 pin with an adaptor to run my trailer, as the lights are screwed up otherwise.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

·
Registered
684 Posts
This would happen to me every time I ran the truck through the car wash. It was the license plate light! Cleaned the connections and no problem now.

·
Village Idiot
114 Posts
You don't happen to have a plow on this do you? I had a plow customer(Meyer) have this problem and the guy who did the orignal install just left the switch over module dangling in front of the wheelwell. The connector got all corroded to the point that I had to replace the plowlight harness on that side.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whip said:
You don't happen to have a plow on this do you? I had a plow customer(Meyer) have this problem and the guy who did the orignal install just left the switch over module dangling in front of the wheelwell. The connector got all corroded to the point that I had to replace the plowlight harness on that side.
Actually, had a plow installed just recently. However, this problem started before that.

I failed to mention that because I was afraid that everyone would just tell me that that was the problem, as I pretty much get scolded every time I release the fact I have a plow on my half ton.

But, all the lights work fine on the plow, connectors are good and clean, and the 'lamp out' light only comes on when I switch the Light toggle to PLOW with the plow off (it's a Boss plow, so it has a toggle switch for that). But I've certainly considered that, and am going to double check all the dealer's work this weekend.

Thanks,
Tyler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.