DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
is you inteded purpose to help with towing? trying to jack up the back for looks?

·
Indy Fan
676 Posts
I put a set on my 2001 Cherokee that I had before the Ram. They worked well and didn't seem to affect the ride quality, I kept the stock shocks as well. They were extremely easy to install. No lift needed, just a floor jack and jack stands. I'm interested to see what others think about them.

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
I have the fab tech ones on my truck . Expect it to lift the back of the truck. Mine did alomst 2 " Def help with towing and heavy loads. Yes it will stiffen the ride a little. I wouldnt give mine up.

The picts with the cap are old the newest is without it. as you can see the extreme rake will settle some.

Attachments

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
That's exactly why I went with a block instead of a leaf pack. This truck rides like a tank already! I can't imagine it getting stiffer.

If serious offroading is your thing, stick with leafs though.

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
I had the AAL's in the rear of my 2nd gen Ram and it made the ride much harsher when the bed was empty. Luckily, the bed was rarely empty with that truck but when it was it would bounce.

Also, something that I needed for that application that you might want to ask about is if you will need longer u-bolts. When I did mine I needed to order longer u-bolts because the stock ones were just on the edge of being too short and I didn't want to take the chance of them failing on me.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Have you looked into air bags? A little more money, but you can adjust them for different loads and not have to worry about empty load harshness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.