DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are color keyed mirror covers available for the dodge magnum se and sxt models to match your current paint?, the rt models come painted to match your car, I can just picture my outside mirrors starting to fade over the years, just like my jeep grand cherokee laredo and sebring convertable.
Please help I would like to purchase painted mirror covers or new mirrors to match my exterior on my 2005 sxt brilliant black.

Thank you Muscle D

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can remove the piece that is painted like the RT and just have those sprayed at your local paint shop. I have the RT but wanted chrome so I bought mirrors for a 300 touring but they did not have the same electrical connections. The place I had try to install them said no go but they could remove the chrome piece and put it on my mirrors. Worked like a charm. Replacement mirrors are really $$ right now and no after market is making them, that I have found. So having what you already have sprayed will probably be the cheapest route.

·
Registered
403 Posts
thanks american muscle , i wanted chrome mirrors and know i know how !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
American Muscle,

Thanks for the reply on the mirrors, one question, How do I take the mirror covers off on my sxt?

Thanks Muscle D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Man I hate that black plastic trim when it fades! I have found that a little WD40 sprayed on a rag and wiped over the plastic will do wonders.

·
Registered
82 Posts
From what I saw the guy just took a thin flat edge screwdriver and pried back the cover piece. There are four PLASTIC tabs that hold it on. Once he located those he just pryed the cover back at those points. Personally, I would not try this myself, I imagine that it would be real easy to break one of those tabs. I told the guy, "you F it up and your buying me new mirrors." Neadless to say he did it with no problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot I will try to take the mirror off myself, also I saw your pics of your ride, looks clean. Where did you get the center leather console cover?

Muscle D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Try "In & Out Spray" on the black plastic, it works miracles and it's not a heavy coat, just a thin clean semi-shiney :gr_patrio look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks but I really want the painted look to match my sxt, where did you get that sterring wheel cover? Looks good.

Muscle D

·
Registered
82 Posts
http://www.22elite.com/
Out it on myself, pretty easy, FEELS 300% better than that stock piece of plastic. $55 was well worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you American Muscle big help. Now if I could find someone that sells the chrome strips for the inside door panels, like the 300c.

Muscle D

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you find em let me know. I got a cabon fiber dash kit that had the pieces that went there but they dont fit for s*&t.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.