Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just purchased an 01 Durango SLT+.

It has the infinity system in it. I've already replaced the stock head unit, and found a surprise. The rear speaker on the driver side is blown. I went back and looked at my factory stereo, and realize that it had just been faded completely forward.... doh! Didn't think to check that!

Anyway, I have a set of Boston Acoustics 6.5" components I plan to run in the front when I redo my system, so I was wondering, can I just swap my stock front door speakers to the rear doors, and install the bostons in the front? Or are the rear speakers specific and will not interchange with the front?

Thanks in advance,

George

· Registered
3,712 Posts
The front and rears are the same size. The stock speakers are 2 ohm and most aftermarkets are 4 ohm. There will be a large volume difference if you only do two.

· Registered
182 Posts
I just changed out my back speakers and im pretty sure they are the same but use the speaker bracket thats in the back doors and screw the individual speakers into the old rear door brackets

· Registered
21 Posts
hi, i am about to change my rear speakers too as they are blown on both sides. can you please tell me what speakers did you buy, size, watts and omhs and where you bougth them? i've been looking at speakers in best buy and circuit city and they have so many choices.

thanks man.

mr.mopar440 said:
I just changed out my back speakers and im pretty sure they are the same but use the speaker bracket thats in the back doors and screw the individual speakers into the old rear door brackets

· Registered
3,712 Posts
Note my above post. I would not replace just the rear speakers.

· Todd O
936 Posts
Neil what do you think would be a good brand name to buy. I just want good sound don't want to shake the bolts loose LOL

· Registered
88 Posts
pioneer is always a good way to go..get the ones i got..pioneer 4-way 280 watts..theyre about $70 for a set of two..You can't beat 280-300 watts on a 6.5" speaker and I havent seen more than a 4-way anywhere I've looked..theyd be your best bet if you asked me I know I was personally pleased with them..

· Registered
3,712 Posts
I am not an audio expert so I could not tell you what is "best". I chose Audiobahn. Part of that reason was they has a coax there the tweeter could be separated with an external crossover. Basically a component system. I mounter the removeable tweeter in the stock location.

· Banned
400 Posts
I replaced my entire Infinity speaker system with a new set of Infinity speakers... I think they were something like the cs1010 series or something... They instantly sounded sooo much better than the stock speakers, this was after I installed a new head unit... A set of speakers for the front was like $120, the rears another $120. Same speakers, just 2 sets needed... When installing the tweeters I had to use the brackets Infinity provided and I actually had to break them and modify them to work in my D. 2 years later and we're all good!

· Registered
21 Posts
hi, did you need to modify anything when it comes to mounting them? or they fit the stock bracket easily? thanks.

durango59rt said:
pioneer is always a good way to go..get the ones i got..pioneer 4-way 280 watts..theyre about $70 for a set of two..You can't beat 280-300 watts on a 6.5" speaker and I havent seen more than a 4-way anywhere I've looked..theyd be your best bet if you asked me I know I was personally pleased with them..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.