DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Absolutely
7,864 Posts
Will this fit mine, how much will a truck like mine gain. what kind of difference is there between this one and helo's

· Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,213 Posts
nickd907 said:
Will this fit mine, how much will a truck like mine gain. what kind of difference is there between this one and helo's
The only difference I think is stall.....2700 VS 2400.

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
How does a high stall speed converter say like a 2800 act on the highway? if you are cruising in top gear can you feel the converter lock(not actually jar you) up? or does it lock at a higher speed in overdrive? Sorry bout the hijack rdhemi345, i am looking into getting a stall in the future and a 2400 is the speed i am looking for

· Registered
28,764 Posts
hemi1569 said:
How does a high stall speed converter say like a 2800 act on the highway? if you are cruising in top gear can you feel the converter lock(not actually jar you) up? or does it lock at a higher speed in overdrive? Sorry bout the hijack rdhemi345, i am looking into getting a stall in the future and a 2400 is the speed i am looking for
I have used both a 2800 stall and a 3000 stall and I couldnt tell any difference in normal street driving. If I didnt tell you it was there, you would never feel the difference.

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
So it is normal at say 70 mph cruising, the torque converter is fully locked and all?

· Banned
6,970 Posts
Driving with a torque converter is a little different, but not really. When you start from a stop lightly, it almost feels like the truck is heavier (higher RPM before it starts "going"). When you just lay into the gas, you better hope for traction. I felt no difference at highway speeds with mine to be honest.

· Registered
28,764 Posts
hemi1569 said:
So it is normal at say 70 mph cruising, the torque converter is fully locked and all?
Yep...mine has felt just like stock at highway speeds. Only difference I felt is going WOT from a stop or slow roll.

I thought it was just my truck, but many others have posted the same. Also, I have an Edge and dont know if the APS converters act any differently. My new converter will put this to the test. I dont think it is going to feel stock :D

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
Thanks guys... I may try and get this converter 345 has

· Registered
150 Posts
rdhemi345 computer has crashed so he is unable to get on here. This is my tc that he is selling for me since i do not have a pay pal account. i have ran 13.5 , 1.75 60 ft on just bolt on n/a rc hemi. there is nothing wrong with the convertor i just wanted to go bigger since i found a good deal on another. if you want it you can contact me @ 318-623-2142 or rdhemi345 @ 318-729-2171

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.