DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 hemi and ever since I installed my cai it makes a weird ticking/clicking type sound from the filter when im 1/4-3/4 throttle. If im just cruising there isnt that sound and when I punch it it sounds great. But when it makes the that noise I described I want to put the stock intake back on.

·
RamYouOver1500
610 Posts
is your filter clean?, also check for rips and stuff. I'm not sure if that would be the problem but go through yur CAI and see if you find something that doesnt look right

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a new intake and everything looks and is connected good. I saw someone on here before talking about the same problem but Im wondering if its like that with all hemi's or what is causing that noise

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
turn up the vloume on the radio and it will go away.

no seriously though its more than likly the EGR valve that you are hearing. you could disconnect the valve (you will get a CEL) and see if it stops, that will tell you if that is the problem. then plug it back in and then reset the computer. and the light will be off. good luck

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Almost all the CAI's are gonna make that sound... It is caused by the lack of a baffle that is somehow related to the EGR valve, on the aftermarket CAI's... The stock dodge intake has the baffle... From what I understand.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
5.7dominates said:
I have a 04 hemi and ever since I installed my cai it makes a weird ticking/clicking type sound from the filter when im 1/4-3/4 throttle. If im just cruising there isnt that sound and when I punch it it sounds great. But when it makes the that noise I described I want to put the stock intake back on.
It's the dreaded Hemi tick, run a search there must be 1000 posts on here about it, seems to be harmless just annoying as hell. For some reason my Mopar CAI does not do it, I'm just saying. ;)

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I thought the whole idea behide getting the CAI was better flow with a throaty sound.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Rich 2500 said:
It's the dreaded Hemi tick, run a search there must be 1000 posts on here about it, seems to be harmless just annoying as hell. For some reason my Mopar CAI does not do it, I'm just saying. ;)

No, It ain't the HEMI tick... Thats a whole nother sound...

And a CAI does give you alot throatier sound at WOT, but just cruising around, your gonna hear that sound at a certain RPM... You'll get used to it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.