DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything else out there that is street legal or DOT approved other than Alteeza. I saw alteeza tail and clear corners today on website. The crystal clear corners are nice. I dont really like any of the euro style tail lights though. Any Suggestions on other brands?

·
Registered
68 Posts
As far as i understand it, Altezza is a style... I went through 3 different sets before i had a set that I actually liked... I had an all black set that was kind of cool but they ended up making the back end look like a bubble... Another set I liked okay did not have any reflectors on them at all, required, I changed those once I got a fix it ticket...

I settled on these...
Lights

Only rear pic I have with these lenses..

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
you can smoke your oem's

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
If you're not a fan of the altezzas, you can also try the covers (they come either slotted or with a Ram logo... or cover tints) or smoke the taillights like rock mentioned.

Try ebay and search for durango tail and you'll get some ideas of what all is available, including different altezza styles and different cover styles.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
As said above, Altezza is a style (from a Toyota in Japan). Which brands have you looked at that you don't like? There are a number of styles available (though not as many as chevy and others). To be legal for the Durango, the lens must incorporate a red reflector(s) visable from the rear and sides. The stop/brake lights must illuminate red. Most lenes comply with this now.

What part of NJ are you in?

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Im in Brick New Jersey

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Very cool, I know someone that lives there in Brick.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Personally, I like the 3D lenses. I have the black versions on my D and it looks killer IMO. Don't have any pics of them but you can easily find them on eBay.

If you want to really trick out diamond clears/alteeza lenses, do a full LED comversion. Really makes the lights pop when lit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.