DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Enter N Go is that the keyless system?
Yes, that's where you don't have to touch your key at all. You put it in your pocket and forget about it. You walk up to the door, and grab the handle, and the doors detect the key in your pocket, and unlock. Push the start button on the dash, and drive. When you get where you're going you push a little button on the outside of the handle and the doors lock and alarm arms. I had this on my Charger but my Outdoorsman didn't, and I really liked not having to mess with keys on my car (it seem like such a small thing bit it's freaking awesome). I told my wife, as soon as they made it available on the Ram, I was upgrading my truck. In '14 I learned it was available on the Sport and Laramie. It was a very short time after that, when I traded the Outdoorsman for the Sport. I've got a ton of other nifty gadgets too, but that is easily my favorite one of them all.

Yes, the 4wd on the Rebel and Outdoorsman, and many other lower trims, is the more robust 4wd. It gives you a true lock when you do 4wd lock. On the models with the full time 4wd, even when you select 4wd lock it is not truly locked... it's what is known as "soccer mom 4wd". If you are doing serious off-roading, you want the full lock. That's why the Rebel is configured that way. My Laramie has the soccer mom 4wd, which is fine for me because I like the full-time in partly ice conditions and don't do any rock crawlin.
Yeah, soccer mom 4wd works for me, since I'm not mud bogging, or rock crawling a $50K truck. That said though, I've had no problems getting anywhere with it. Deep snow, muddy trails, swampy fields, etc. It's gone everywhere my Outdoorsman went with no extra effort. I haven't even needed to use 4 low yet. I'm sure for the guys who do extreme off roading may be able to tell the difference, but both 4wd systems feel the same to me.
I don't really use 4 auto, but it is nice that my wife can turn it on and not worry if she's using it right. She doesn't need to remember to disengage it if she's driving on light/moderate snow, but ends up on less snowy roads. I can certainly see the soccer mom reference.

That's the new limited. Fugly..... ....Then they went and made that abomination with the retarded letters in the back and oh so ugly grille.
Ha ha, yeah, it's pretty rough. Funny, because I made some comment about the giant letters on the tailgate, and my buddy (with the Rebel) said "hey, I've got those on my tailgate". Doh!!!! Sorry dude, I wasn't trying to insult your new truck. But seriously why the giant letters on the tailgate of the new Rams? On the up side, I think they're just stuck on so they'd be easy enough to debadge if you didn't want them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up a Rebel on Saturday. I opted for the Granite Crystal Metallic with the 2 tone. It looks sharp! I also traded in my 2012 Outdoorsman, which was pretty much loaded - it was a very nice truck. The two are similar, but the Rebel is really a nicer truck overall. There is no question about it, and my Outdoorsman was no slouch.

The Air lift suspension package is slick, and having it come from the factory with 33"s and still getting the same MPG (or better) I was getting out of my Outdoorsman is exceptional. The ride auto adjusts the height based on your speed, so it will drop the truck for optimal MPG at highway speeds. You can also drop the truck height from the FOB to allow for ease of exit/entry, which makes getting the kids in and out, significantly easier.

I personally like the style of the Rebel. I like the big, bold, letters on the front and back. The interior took a little bit to grow on me, because the red is a little bold on a gray/black truck, but the quality of the interior is exceptional.

For what I want / need, this is perfect.

Thus far, I don't have any real complaints, but I've only had it 3 days...
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
No doubt they're good looking trucks. The only thing, I don't like about the appearance is the letters on the tailgate. Dodge did a great job on the look of the truck. If I were buying one, I'd probably get the same color you did. I had a granite Ram in '05, and it's a nice color. With the two tone black bottom, it should look real good. It would definitely be my first choice of colors on a Rebel.

FWIW, the air ride isn't exclusive to the Rebel, but certainly a nice feature that I was glad to see they didn't leave out like the Enter-N-Go.

So the interior didn't grab you right away? I like it, and it took no getting used to. I like the tire tread design on the center of the seats. When they were debuting them, that was one of the things I thought made it look really cool. I can see where the red on a gray truck doesn't exactly jive though. I kinda wondered if they color matched the interiors to the exterior or if they were all red accents inside. Guess I know now. It would have been cool if they had gray accents on a gray truck, white accents on a white truck, etc, but I can also see where that would be really expensive to do. It would have been very impractical, so I figured they were all red, but thought maybe some of the darker models would be gray on black or something, so they only had 2 interior configurations. Wishful thinking I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know the air system isnt exclusive. I believe that the only exclusives are the interior, the dash, badges, rims, tires, grill, and badges.

It isnt a ground up build like a raptor, it is more of a high end trim package, which works very nicely.

Most of the 2015's were spec'd out and sent to dealers without limited slip diffs, and whoever did that at dodge deserves a kick to the groin, because i almost didn't buy this truck because of it. Supposedly some of the Canadian trucks have it, and it will be available on the '16's, and custom builds.

Not all of my local dealers received rebels, either, so i'm not sure what the criteria was to get one.

I love the interior comfort wise - Its probably one of the best i've ever sat in. The red works, but it took some adjusting. I loved the seats the minute i opened the door.

I was torn between getting this and loading out a lesser truck, but in the end, this won out.

·
2014 1500 4x4 Laramie CC
431 Posts
Ha ha, yeah, it's pretty rough. Funny, because I made some comment about the giant letters on the tailgate, and my buddy (with the Rebel) said "hey, I've got those on my tailgate". Doh!!!! Sorry dude, I wasn't trying to insult your new truck. But seriously why the giant letters on the tailgate of the new Rams? On the up side, I think they're just stuck on so they'd be easy enough to debadge if you didn't want them.
I actually don't mind the letters on the back of the Rebel. On a black or grey truck I think they actually look pretty good, and they fit with the overall theme of the truck.

On the limited they are HORRIBLE. They look like exactly what they are, acres of cheap plastic chrome. Seriously -- I drive a 2014 silver Laramie, which is a little on the chromey side, and it's too much even for me.

It's like those guys who put cheap snap-on chrome cover everything all over their truck -- door handles, mirrors, wheel wells, those things on the front of the windows that are supposed to block the wind or something... super gaudy.

Like something this guy would do:

Attachments

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
:eek: :whackit:

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Looks good. I doubt you'll have any regrets about it, they're great trucks. I know it sounds like I was bashing them, but I do like them. I just think they could have made them even better than they are (not that they're bad). Excellent choice in colors. Now you need to get off the beaten path and get some photos in the environment it deserves. Not saying you need photos of it rock crawling but I'd love to see it in an environment more fitting to the theme of the truck.
Something like this ↓↓↓

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
very nice congrats i like the lower silver insert

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Much.

Doesn't your truck just seem happier that way. :D

·
Grab Life By The Balls
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The 2015 Rebel does have it. $300 option.

Keyless Enter 'n Go™

Keyless Enter 'n Go™ allows you to unlock the vehicle by touching the door handles or the trunk button as long as the key fob is in close proximity. Once inside, you can start or stop the engine by pressing the Start/Stop button.

•Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Remote proximity keyless entry unlocks your vehicle when your key fob is in close proximity, without needing to push any buttons or even remove the fob from your purse or pocket.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
It is listed as an option now on the build and price tool. My buddy who bought the red one pictured last month said it wasn't available when he got his, and I didn't see it as available then either (maybe I overlooked it though). Maybe it's a feature they made available shortly after release. It looks like the selectable options are considerably more abundant than they were a month ago. Either way, I'm glad to see they made it available. Now I'd at least consider one when I decide to move on from my Sport (I don't see that any time soon).

Speaking of build and price. What's the deal with some of the "options"? Things like Rebel Instrument Cluster for $175..... Huh? Shouldn't the Rebel automatically have that on there, how's that an option? The Protection Group for $150, that adds skid plates. Wasn't that the point of the Rebel and Outdoorsman was that they already came with stuff like this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New owner of a 2015 Rebel here. This is the first RAM I have owned, but takes me back to my youth and the '69 Dodge pickup (3-spd column shifter) my Dad gave me for my first vehicle.

Took the Rebel out on its maiden off-road trek the day after taking delivery. It handled some light up/downhill rocks with ease. It has been years (decades?) since I did any serious off-roading and the truck is definitely built with some great capabilities. The air suspension is cool and knowing the skid plates were down there provided a measure of comfort, though I managed to avoid scraping anything the first time out (thankfully).

I am still getting used to the truck. Lots to learn. The Rebel package seems to have all the important features I was looking for and strikes a great balance between spending time in the city with occasional off-road.

The only thing that has turned out to be an unpleasant surprise so far is that I took the dogs with us on the trip. A German Shepherd and a French Bulldog, so the seats and floor carpets were full of dog hair. The Shepherd's hair vacuumed up pretty well, but the short and stiff Frenchie hairs weaved their way into the cloth seats. Am now looking at alternatives to prevent this problem in the future.

I researched the he!! out of this site before making the purchase. You guys have a ton of information here and it helped enormously.

One of the articles I read stated that the Rebel model is the most polarizing style of RAM by far. I don't see the objections, but I also recognize that appreciation of styling is a very individual thing and what some people find appealing makes other people gag.

I have one question to the Rebel owners --- now that you purchased the distinct Rebel styling, have any of you considered debadging it? Obviously the 'RAM' monikers on the grill and tailgate are going to remain (unless you are REALLY serious), but there are still a number of badges that can be removed. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about debadging.

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts/comments.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Well I'll skip the badges since that was directed at Rebel owners specifically, but I do have a suggestion for transporting the dogs. As much as I hate to say it, I got the CC for the dogs, instead of the QC, so I gave up bed space to make transporting the dogs more comfortable for them. I've got a Rotteweiler, and a mutt (we think primarily Blue Heeler), so both have pretty short course hair. I use the back seat as a "kennel" for transporting the dogs. Fold the seat up, and lay the fold flat floor out. This gives the dogs a flat, even surface to walk/lay on, and it holds them lower in the cab, which will be safer in a crash. As for the hair. I hang a blanket from the back of the folded up seat, down across the floor. This catches most of the hair. However for those strays that somehow magically work their way into the carpet beyond the blanket, use a rubber squeegee to remove them. I know it sounds weird, but if you simply run the squeegee across the carpet like it's a vacuum the hairs will be pulled from the carpet and pile up as you go. Just pick up, or vacuum, the small pile of dog hair off the floor and you've got a spotless floor and seat again.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.