DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a 5" turbo back system on my 08 6.7L (i know theres a special forum, but i figure this is a general question). The system gives me a major drone between 1700-2100rpm (normal cruise speed). Is this normal with the large exhaust, or does anyone know who makes a good resonator that reduces that noise?

·
running on 6 cylinders
543 Posts
no muffler on a 3rd gen = terrible drone. put a aero turbine in or another free flow muffler and all will be well. make sure it goes where the stock muffler goes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
not to sound stupid but what is a drone noise im installing the 5" turbo back dpf delete system to please elaborate thanks

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Drone is that deep bass sound caused by vibration that the exhaust makes. I got it from the Aeroturbine I had but I don't have a kitty so if you have a kitty it might be Ok. I loved the sound overall but the 60mph 1400-1900 killed me. If you want good sound when you want it and low cruising volume the only way is with a Donaldson so I have heard or go with what I have, two strait through mufflers. I have two Magnaflow mufflers and it is amazing. The shop I talked to has done many of these this way for the exact reason you are talking. Tell me what you have for muffler now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up with a Flo-Pro kit, which (supposedly) is the same maker as H&S Performance. Personally, i think i got screwed, but its a bit late now.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Flo pro is good but I like the strait through design a bit more. don't worry, we can get you fixed for about $100 more. let me look a part number up and I'll post in a bit.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Magnaflow 14774 is a 24"x7" body 30" total length Add this and you will be amazed. If it were me thought I'd buy two and ditch the flo pro. The magnaflow will flow better. I've had 4 setups on my truck I know what I'm talking about on this one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does this sound with just 1 resonator? I think thats about the same size as the one i'll be replacing, but theres only space for 1 between the dpf delete and teh axle.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'm not sure on the Resonator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.