DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a old topic, but I have never seen it since I have been here.

Does anyone use a fuel additive? I found out about Star Tron from someone on another forum so I went out and bought it on the way home. I haven't put any in the tank yet, but I filled up today as well. He said he gets 2 mpg better.

Opinions?
http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/100/136/lang,en/

·
Let it go
956 Posts
I dont know about that stuff you linked but I can tell you that I used 2 cans of seafoams(over 600 miles highway) and changed to using shell/bp and I started getting better mpg/more miles per tank. My truck runs smoother and I can even hear a difference in how smooth my ehaust sounds. I am currently towing my wifes car cross country from FL to Ca. The last time I made this trip get 8mpg on flat land but now I am getting 10.9-13.1 mpg according to the compter and my hand calculations. I am actually keeping track on on all my fuel mpgs and stuff. But I really do think my engine likes better gas.

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you towing a that across the country? Wait until you get to CA, the crappy gas will put you at 8mpg. I haven't hand calculated yet, but the comp is saying 14.5. I filled up today so I'm tracking my miles for this tan and then I'll do the math. I figure if this can give the 2 mpg I hear about then it is saving me a few bucks, plus the benifits it supposedly has.

Figure with what I paid today - 4.32x2=$8.64
This stuff says 1oz per 16 gal so say 1.5oz at $9(out the door price) for 8oz means $1.70.

Good saving if it works. Plus I left me lead foot off the past few weeks and I'm going nearly twice as long per tank.

·
Let it go
956 Posts
yea, my truck is awd 05 67k and without towing the G8GT and just having my bed loaded under my bedcover I was pulling 19.4 on the computer and by hand It was in the 17-18mpg. I think that is really good seeing how about three years ago I could barely do 14mpg on the highway if I was lucky. Hopefully cali has a techron or somthing so I can get a decent gas lol.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Seafoam = FANTASTIC PRODUCT!!

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use seafoam regularly, but I was wondering if this might help.

·
Rookie
708 Posts
Yes StarTron is good. Use it. Idk about 2 mpgs but I see a 1 mpg improvement personally but then I also just got my SC not too long back so those two combined definitely help

·
Registered
837 Posts
i've used it in boats for years to help keep gas clean and stabilize the gas. starbrite has made marine products for many many years, always good stuff!

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to hand calculate this tank on mpgs and I'll dose it with star torn the next tank. I'll let everyone know if I see an improvement in mpgs or power, ect.

·
Registered
299 Posts
IMO, warning Will Robinson! Snake oil alert! 2 mpg better from an additive? NFW!

Starbrite is similar to Sta-Bil. It is an effective fuel stabilizer. It has alcohol which helps displace moisture from the fuel which is a good thing. As far as adding 2 mpg I vote BS.

·
Jeremy
1,992 Posts
tho a diesel... I run Diesel KLEEN on my normal day to day runs I get zero improvements... but on long runs I can get over 550 miles to a tank where with not using Diesel KLEEN I get right around 480 to a tank.

On normal runs and traffic I get 430 if im lucky with the stuff in the tank.

All the above includes me dumping soot on rtards.

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
its good for the junk gas phazer 3000 helps to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.