Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://dgmtailgatesupport.com/

I would love to make a pair, seems like a little thinking and a guy could do it. I am a carpenter, that works with wood, so I may just buy them for my ATV. Unless someone on here wants to make a few bucks and has already got some made up:D

·
That guy
3,097 Posts
I have never ran them, or even seen them before now, but it looks like a solid idea. I could fab a set up in my shop for much less than $55 however.

I suppose being a carpenter will not help much, a strip of 1/2 x 2 moulding will just not hold!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never ran them, or even seen them before now, but it looks like a solid idea. I could fab a set up in my shop for much less than $55 however.

I suppose being a carpenter will not help much, a strip of 1/2 x 2 moulding will just not hold!
You fab up a set for me for less than his, and I'll buy them. I can paint them myself as well. I notice it somehow latches into the tailgate itself, and you have to lift the handle to disengage it, and hooks on the upper "bolt" of the box. I watched the video and it is a great idea, as I load an 800lb Arctic Cat into my box all the time. Like I said, if your up to it, I'm game. Let me know what you think.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
wonder if she is 'that easy'..

Kind of a cool idea. Not too bad priced either. Seems like this guy is honest, making something that works without raping people. I'd get em!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ive loaded quads in and out of many different trucks my entire life....never had a cable break......

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive loaded quads in and out of many different trucks my entire life....never had a cable break......
Yeah, it's like carrying a gun, you may never need it, but you sure as hell wish you had one when you do.;)

I for one have never had one break either, but I have heard and seen it happen. I didn't drop 10k on an ATV to have it com crashing down and possibly killing me, and bending the crap out of my tailgate. So 55 bucks seems like good insurance to me.

·
Biggin
910 Posts
I've heard of it happening but only on smaller trucks that the tailgate is the size of a matchbook.

Those look pretty cool and any girl with short jean shorts makes me want to buy 20 of them

·
Registered
868 Posts
^^^^^ AGREED lol and ya i saw the free poster thing too lol

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
if two steel cables cant hold eight hundred pounds thats pretty bad in my mind

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if two steel cables cant hold eight hundred pounds thats pretty bad in my mind
You would think, but 55 dollars isn't bad vs the cost of a cable failing with 10 grand on it. It HAS happened.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Very true...it is cheap insurance, but I for one am not too worried.

In this shot, I've got ~800 lbs on the tailgate, and had to traverse a bumpy-ass road (albeit at lower speeds) to get to our chem shed...

·
Registered
46 Posts
ive been loading fourwhellers in and out of my truck for 2 years atleast 4 times a week or so and never had anything like that happen to me. now on my dads s-10 it happened twic with about 200lbs on it if that. but since then ive gotten alot smarter and got a trailer makes life so much easier

·
That guy
3,097 Posts
You fab up a set for me for less than his, and I'll buy them. I can paint them myself as well. I notice it somehow latches into the tailgate itself, and you have to lift the handle to disengage it, and hooks on the upper "bolt" of the box. I watched the video and it is a great idea, as I load an 800lb Arctic Cat into my box all the time. Like I said, if your up to it, I'm game. Let me know what you think.
It will be a couple more weeks until I get back home (I work offshore) but I will check into getting some made up then. Shouldnt take me more than a couple days to design and build a few sets. Does the website say if they use stainless or aluminum? I will let you know.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There steel. Yeah let me know. Thanks.

·
Slow Rider
196 Posts
Neat idea, but I have a Harley Ultra Classic I would like to put in the back of the truck. Not so worried about the cables on the tail-gate, more worried about buckling the center when 1000 + lbs of bike and rider go across it.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
buckling what the ramp or box? the ramp I could see not the box at all

·
MOPAR OR NO CAR
674 Posts
Poster makes it a sweet deal,,,,, Ive never had a tail gate issue, but I heard the Titan's tail gate will actually rip/crack the metal near the mount points if heavy loads are left on gate.

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
ive been loading fourwhellers in and out of my truck for 2 years atleast 4 times a week or so and never had anything like that happen to me. now on my dads s-10 it happened twic with about 200lbs on it if that. but since then ive gotten alot smarter and got a trailer makes life so much easier
that was kinf of my thought... while trailers are somewhat expensive, they are a much better option. Ease of use among other things simply make it a good idea.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Not a bad idea for reassurance, but still would think this steal cable would hold with no issues. Anyone know what weight/strength the cables should old to?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.