DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out : http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/ Now I'm not one to get suckered in by the electric supercharger, or the 20 dollar power chip, but I was reading the lasest issue of Four Wheeler magazine and they had a section on how to get better fuel mileage. This was on of the products they listed and tested. They reported a 1.2 MPG increase. I went to the web site and there is a section of reviews from other magazines that all report a significant increase in MPG, along with an emmissions reduction, no preignition, and overall smoother engine opertaion. But then I'm thinkin well if this is SOOOOO great why haven't I heard about it before and why don't new vehicles come so equiped? Anyone ever try this thing out?

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
Sounds like an interesting idea. Why don't you get one and install it and let us know your results! :)

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
We need to have someone try this whose engine is pinging.
Reduce Or Eliminate Engine Knock And Ping
Allow The Use Of Lower Octane Fuel

·
Registered
152 Posts
Huh, the guy doesn't sound like a hack or a swindler. Don't know what to think...I may actually have to try one of these. Great find!

Advanced Power Systems International, Inc. develops and manufacturers energy efficiency and transportation safety products. The company was founded by John C. Fitch whose life is chronicled in the biography "Racing Through Life" by Carl Goodwin.

A race car driver, designer and inventor, Mr. Fitch is a man of many firsts. He was the first SCCA champion and during his career recorded wins at the Grand Prix of Argentina, Mille Miglia and Sebring. He was also a member of what many consider the most formidable race team ever assembled, the Mercedes' team of Juan Manuel Fangio, Stirling Moss, John Fitch and Karl Kling. He was also the first captain for Corvette Racing.

In the area of design, John Fitch designed five cars including the Fitch-Whitmore Jaguar and Fitch Sprint Corvair. He also designed and was the first general manager of the Lime Rock Race Course in Lime Rock, CT, where Advanced Power Systems is based.

In 1955, during the 24 hour race at Le Mans, Mr. Fitch's co-driver, Pierre Leveigh, was killed in an accident which claimed the lives of 85 spectators. From that point he has devoted his life to improving race and driving safety. He is perhaps best known for his development of the Fitch Inertial Barrier System, the yellow sand filled barriers found on every highway in the US. These barriers have been credited with saving thousands of lives. He is also the inventor of the Displaceable Guardrail, the Compression Barrier and the Fitch Driver Capsule, a trough like seat designed to dramatically reduce head and neck injury.

John Fitch has received many honors over the years. He has been inducted into the Corvette and Sebring Halls of Fame. In 1998, he received the Kenneth Stonex Award from the National Academy of Science for his lifelong contributions in the field of roadside safety.

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
I was serious too! "cept I don't think I would be willing to spend the money on it, don't care how much it is, until someone else tries it first.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
$240? For $30 more I got a better deal with the used superchips. I don't give a shit about mpg #'s but my mpg's are staying above 11 now, the funny part is I'm driving it harder 'cause it's so much fun.

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
So do those little "preformance" chips you can get on ebay help? There was one that said people notice higher MPG #'s.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
Unnamed said:
We need to have someone try this whose engine is pinging.
I'm a perfect candidate - but I ain't going to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A friend of mine always says if it's that simple don't you think the car makers would be using it to boost the MPG raitings to help sell cars???

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
#53 - "If something sounds too good to be true, you're about to get screwed."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.