Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.turbonator.com/index.html

For gas mileage improvement... I had a friend who purchased something like this, kind of an all in one CAI with the Turbine in it, put it in a little rice burner and swears it boosted MPG and Power... Very skeptical, what makes swirling air cooler than rushing air???

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
It doesnt work. A member here reported a loss of power after installing it. If wont work on a modern fuel injected engine where the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder rather than being mixed with the air prior to entering the cylinder. Its a wash as well so far as helping fuel economy.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
James is correct.

I like to think of any device that costs less than $100 and claims increased powered and milage in these terms: If they really worked, the government would mandate their use in every vehicle sold in the US. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. These products are modern day snake oil. Unfortunately lots of folks like snake oil.

·
Registered
834 Posts
You mean those TV infomercials and advertising claims aren't true sometimes?? What is the world coming to? You burst my bubble..... :huh:

Yes I'm being sarcastic :D

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
those are a complete waste of money.

might as well strap a leaf blower on the intake somewhere. you'd probably see better gains.

·
Registered
750 Posts
:thatfunny I would love to see someone strap a leaf blower to their intake, I would laugh uncontrollably.

As far as turbonators go, just like throttle body spacers, nothing but an expensive paperweight. Search these forums, I'm sure there are more threads about these things. :help:

What was your friend smoking when he swore he got power and mpg gains? The theory is that the more air will dilute the air/fuel mixture, causing an increase in gas mileage.

Addition:
In the import rice burner world, vinyl adds horsepower too.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
As far as *why* they don't work, they have so little power going to them that they actually restrict the amount of air going into the engine and they add turbulance to the air that is going into the TB. You want as smooth an air flow as possible.... something you don't get from these (and the more heavily promoted "Tornado".

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Esh said:
Addition:
In the import rice burner world, vinyl adds horsepower too.
That's funny...

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
i have told my friends, instead of buying things like the tornado or t.b. spacers, their best bet would be to give me 25 dollars, and let me kick them in the balls. they'd still have 75 dollars they would have spent on something useless....well, minus the price of a few advil and ice.

·
Registered
332 Posts
funny

cbrenn71 said:
i have told my friends, instead of buying things like the tornado or t.b. spacers, their best bet would be to give me 25 dollars, and let me kick them in the balls. they'd still have 75 dollars they would have spent on something useless....well, minus the price of a few advil and ice.
:thatfunny :nutkick:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess it kind of reminds me of when I was about 6 to 8 years old... I remember that my mother always swore that her car ran so much better when it was just washed... She said it did better on gas and ran so much smoother after I good washing... The better the wash the better the car ran...

I love her to death but... :crazy:

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
My trucks runs better after it is washed.....

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
My Durango runs better when it is dirty :D

Cbrenn, You crack me up

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
I remember running across electric superchargers once on Ebay made me lmfao.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I had a car that was faster with a full tank of gas.

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
krweby said:
"Not a cheap eBay knock-off, these turbochargers are manufactured and warrantied by
DragART Superchargers, Inc.

This Electric Centerifugal Supercharger Kit will give you more horsepower by giving the motor a lot more air just like a normal centerifugal supercharger. Except costs much less! All centerifugal supercharger kits cost as much as $4000.00."

So is it a supercharger or a turbocharger? AHAHAHAHA :thatfunny

So, rather than spending 4000 bucks for something that actually works, we should spend 93 dollars on junk and tell everyone you have a super/turbo charger.

·
Registered
63 Posts
cbrenn71 said:
:thatfunny :nutkick:

Mine runs better if I put gas in it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.