1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
well, that's a new one! As with everything else I am not convinced until I see proof instead of testimonials such as those on that advertisement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had one for almost 7 months now and I have not run into any problems ar all. I have changed the oil twice since I got it and it breaks down and cleans up just like it states in the advertisement.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
lol. Talk about [email protected] filters deteriorating after long time use and sending debris into intake, this is a disaster imo. You could buy oil filters for the life of your car, and probably save money then wasting 120 bucks on this pos. If they put it in writing that any damage AT ALL is covered by this thing failing or premature wearing i would CONSIDER it. Other than that just another invention, people trying to get rich. If it was that good than everyone would be using it. who the hell wants to clean their OIL filter anyway?

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you know the micron size for the filter? :rck:

·
Hemi 4x4/Challenger T/A
1,485 Posts
Drop-in oil filters are nothing new. Old cars all had them before the introduction of spin-on filters.
The difference is that in the old days, the filter cartridge we used was just like the spin-on type in that it was one you threw away, made of paper/cloth fibers.
A lifetime filter makes me suspicious from the get-go. For a filter to do a proper job, it has to screen out seriously tiny deposits and I don't see where a reusable filter can do this. The screen size has to be tiny, man.
What micron we talking here?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone remember the "toilet paper" oil filter system? My dad used them on his cars. I don't remember who made them but it seemed like a good idea. Only problem was... toilet paper is designed to break down. Too bad dad isn't still around. I'd like to ask him... WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!! lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
The information posted on their site indicates that this filter has the ability to catch the stuff the paper filters don't, as far a cleaning it goes it is a whole lot easier to clean than the reusable air filters.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats why i am asking about the micron rating of the filter. If it is between 15-20 i would buy it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called and talked to one of the reps at CPI the company that makes the filter and he said it filters down to 20 microns with no bypass.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well then i dont see any bad thing about this. at 14-18 bucks a pop for k and n or amsoil, it seems like a no brainer to me. running syn oil with a filter change between oil changes, this thing will pay for its seelf in no time :rck:

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
You have to remember, that thing is seeing 150 plus degree oil temps all the time and then you are washing it every other month with what? i would be scared to death thinking it is falling apart and ruining my motor slowly

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
hemi1569 said:
You have to remember, that thing is seeing 150 plus degree oil temps all the time and then you are washing it every other month with what? i would be scared to death thinking it is falling apart and ruining my motor slowly
Exactly. Plus, I have a hard time believing that washing the filter will get everything it collected out. No thanks. Im find spending $10-$15 for a filter.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:flamer: royal oil filter

Pass on it....wont hold up

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
filter user: Hi i want to make a appt. to have my truck checked
dealer: sir what seems to be the problem?
filter user: My truck is making knocking noises
dealer: How often do you change your oil?
filter user:every 3k like clockwork
dealer: good! That is very important, but you knew that. You are smart!
filter user: thanks, here are my receipts
dealer: Ok, it says just 7 qts and that's it, no filter charged out, is that a mistake?
filter user: no i have a washable oil filter and it never has to be changed
dealer: you have to be F###ing kidding me
filter user: does this face look like i am f###ing kidding?
dealer: you actually paid 120 bucks to wreck your engine?
filter user: what do you mean???????
dealer: it says to CHANGE your oil and filter, not wash your filter and change your oil
filter user: i feel so stupid, is there anything else i can do?
dealer: yes, don't use recycled oil and washable oil filters and for being so stupid get the F*** out of my shop

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
hemi1569 said:
dealer: Ok, it says just 7 qts and that's it, no filter charged out, is that a mistake?
dealer: it says to CHANGE your oil and filter, not wash your filter and change your oil
dealer: yes, don't use recycled oil and washable oil filters and for being so stupid get the F*** out of my shop
Im laughing so hard i woke up my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flippy:

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
hemi1569 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Nice.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Hope she gets back to sleep. Talk to you guys tomorrow...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow! I thought the purpose of this forum was to share what we've learned in our day to day experiences with our vehicles but it seems the only thing that has happened is the ill mannered expression of ignorance. Someone asked a simple question to which I provided an answer based on my own experiences nothing more, nothing less.

I hope the genius displayed here doesn't spread.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.