DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have them? ive seen the maxxis bighorns but would like to compare them to the look of the buckshots

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
Maxxis buckshot mudders here. 305 70 17. Not a negative comment about them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Country-71, how are those mudders on the street? Do they wear fast or make a lot of noise, and have decent grip on wet pavement? I'm trying to decide between the mudders or the bighorns, but I do a lot of driving on the interstate for work so I was thinking I needed to lean more towards an all terrain tire, but there are not many options in the 305/70/17 size. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I know that you have seen the bighorns but I just put a set on my truck in 305/70/17 and they are a great all around tire so far. I just took a 600 mile road trip in the rain with no hydroplanning at any speed. They do have some road noise but nothing ignorant. They also perfomed incredible in the mud. Looking forward to see how they run in the snow.

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
Rbreak: I have put about 11,000 miles on my tires and there is very little wear. I do a lot of highway driving also. There is some noise but I really don't notice it anymore. Wet traction is good. They are actually real good in the snow also. I have pics of them in my gallery. I bought them at national tire and wheel. I absolutely love them. I was at my parents two weeks ago and got into some mud. My dad didn't think I was gonna get out but the truck handled it without a problem. I went fishing this past weekend and drove onto the beach. No problems on the sand with them aired down.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the information. It looks like I will be putting on the Buckshots this weekend. I was a little concerned they where too aggressive for what I needed considering most of my driving is going up and down the interstate for work, and I travel from Florida to South Carolina and back a lot. I do go offroad every now and then getting to the good quad atv riding areas. But I really wanted the 305/70/17 size and the Buckshots seem to be the best choice from the few tire options in this size. I went by the local tire shop where I will be getting the buckshots this weekend, they want $800 for all four, mounted and balanced. I might could get them a little cheaper through ebay or online, but then I would still have to get them mounted and balanced for more $. I'm willing to pay a little extra for the convenience of just going to the tire store. They (maxxis) do have two less aggressive 305/70/17 tires, one they call an a/t (ma-761 bravo) but it looks like a car tire to me (too mild), and a milder version of the buckshot (mt-753 bravo) that I was very interested in but I couldn't find any information on them and the tire shop said it would take over 3 weeks to get them, I don't want to wait that long so I will take my chances with the buckshots. Almost everyone that has them and has commented on them has liked them, so thats a good sign. Thanks again for responding with the info.

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
Take pics and post when u get them on

·
Registered
115 Posts
I finally got the new tires on. I went ahead and put on new moto metal rims too. I am very happy with the tires overall. They look great, and they really make the whole truck look right. They seem to handle well, and have good traction in both wet and dry weather. I haven't taken them offroad yet, but they have to be pretty good, going by their aggressive tread. At first I was a little surprised at the tire noise on the road, it was more than I was expecting, but I only had my friends BFG A/T's to compare to. In the short amount of time I have on them, I have already gotten used to it and it really doesn't bother me. So far I am very happy I went with them. I have tried creating a picture gallery (confusing, not even sure if I did it right) but it said it would take a forum moderator to review them before they would be approved, I don't know how long that will take if it even does work. I will try to post some pics here too. Thanks again for the info and help on the tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah im getting the buckshots for sure now because yesterday i was getting into my truck after getting some stuff at the local parts store and saw a nice silver screw in my tire!! Wal Mart wouldnt patch it because of the location---its in the tread but its too close to the shoulder---wasnt planning on buying tires yet but now i have to!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Be aware that the buckshots will make noise going down the road. It's not that bad, I'm already used to it. But if your coming from stock tires (silent) like I was, there will be a big difference. Like I said, I have gotten used to it and even kind of like it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.