Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have an 06 4x4 CTD 2500, with almost new 33 BFG MTs...

In my quest for getting a better ride on my truck I found a couple of rear leaf springs/ add a packs dealers for a performance upgrade and not a lift upgrade. Kore, Carli and Lorenz where the ones with the best quality/performance product based on reviews.

All of the performance suspension dealers (Carli, Kore, Lorenz) suggested to remove the overload leaf and add a leaf pack in order to get a much overall better ride

All this add a pack springs replace the overload leaf with 3 to 5 more flexible leafs giving a much better ride with a progresive travel instead of the large hit that the overload gives my back while offroading.

I think I will leave the fornt suspension stock for now until I wear down the 33" tires, then I will get a nice replacement coil to level the truck and get some 35 MT under there.

I have back issues, and with bad dirt roads on my daily driving, I need a nice performance upgrade to smoothen out the ride.

So anyone here replaced the rear springs or removed the overload leaf and if so, how did it improve your ride while offroading?

THX in advance

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the Lorenz spring pack on my 3500 Mega. It helped a lot with much more spring articulation. On the street it helped some, but I think the full replacement would be better. Carli makes a nice spring replacement!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dude its a 3/4 ton truck. They are suppose to ride like trucks. If you want a nice riding truck go buy a GM

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
BigDave12768 said:
Dude its a 3/4 ton truck. They are suppose to ride like trucks. If you want a nice riding truck go buy a GM

:crazy: bet he is happy he asked for your advice :huh:

i had a 05 gmc with stock suspension and it did not ride any better than my dodge lifted with 35s

·
Registered
123 Posts
My buddy has 2500 Dmax and the ride is smoother and nicer. But I wouldnever trade my CTD for a DMAX

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BigDave12768 said:

I dont know why people still think that its a sin to have a truck that rides nice while offroading.

Im asking for advise on what people have done here to get a better ride.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BigDave12768 said:

For example, if you wanted a fast car you should have bought a corvete or viper, but instead you bought a truck and have done several mods to make it faster.

Do you think it would be nice of me to tell you everytime you ask for a mod to your engine to make the truck run faster, Hey dude you bought a truck and not a race car, STOP triying to make it faster or you should have bought a race car...

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Seriously if you want the suspension to become complient while off-roading or going over holes loaded with extra weight or even empty, there is a myriad of choices for lift kits and cosmetic appearances but that will make your problem worse. The high end suspension systems offer both excellent complient ride with control and jounce or dampening. This will cost you big money and I applaud your efforts, however it will never ride like a weak g.m. suv or a toyota. The truck is large and weighs as much as three isuzus. But what its capable of is phenomenol! I think your best bet is KORE, Good Luck! :rck:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.