DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my d has 73,000 mil. doesn't have any problems in the trany but wondered if PM would be good for it ? everyone i have talked to say;s that after they changed it the trany had problems or just quit working and advice?? thanks

·
Banned
112 Posts
Yes change it

99DodgeDur360 said:
my d has 73,000 mil. doesn't have any problems in the trany but wondered if PM would be good for it ? everyone i have talked to say;s that after they changed it the trany had problems or just quit working and advice?? thanks
99DodgeDur360,

Like changeing oil every 3000miles or so I'd give mine a change about once a year. I heard from my old Dodge service dealer that the Durangos have quality issues and their transmissions need service at least when the book says so. By doing this all the fluids are swaped out for fresh new fluids and a machine respecs all the internals all at once. They recommend once a year.

rimfire,22

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
make sure you use Mopar ATF+4

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I did a home flush and when I went to the dealer to pick up the ATF, they were going to give me ATF +3, even though there's a TSB out that says to use the +4. Really make sure they use +4 if you take it to the dealer.

I have also heard rumors that the flushing machines can hurt the transmissions b/c they pump fluid through at higher than normal pressures. I have no idea if the rumors are true though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mopar says:

Change the fluid/filter every 37,500 miles or 30 months - whichever comes first. It may seem a bit often, but the service outlined by Dodge doesn't do a complete fluid replacement. Changing it more often helps keep the old stuff diluted down.

Just make sure you change the filter at each servicing.

I had AAMCO change mine with a power flush last time and ever since then it's been "buzzing" (a term I saw elswhere) when I stick it in Reverse - especially soon after starting it when it's cold. If I had someone else do next time, I'd take it tp someone else who gives a crap instead of takes a buck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info
how hard is the filter to replace and should i change the transfer case too
what intells in a flush

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.