DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much current the E-cutouts draw when ur opening and closing them?? Im wanting to know what the switch is rated at, cuz i would like to swap switches, and possibly get this switch if it can handle it. Or what size switch would i need to get? Thanks!

Switches

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
if im not mistaken you have to get a "rocker" like switch which is like on/off/on...so when you puch it to on then release the switch swings back to the middle or "off" position, and doesnt staay on

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, i knew that part...im mainly needing to know the amp the switch is. The link was just an example, but i know its gonna need to be on/off/on, so i can open and close it and also shut it off so the motor isnt continously running :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can tell you that if you hooked it up to your cig lighter it's protected by a 20 amp fuse and I haven't blown a fuse on it yet

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
15 amp will do. The motor is very small and does not draw no where near 15 amps.
If you go with an in-line fuse make sure its for 15 amps also, as well as the switch.
If you need help with it PM me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks a bunch. I just dont like the long stem rocker switches. I am wanting to mount them up, and have it look pretty smooth, and that will make it nowhere near smooth.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.