DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really miss having an MP3 player in my new RAM. I would like to keep the head unit stock as possible so I wondered if anyone knew if the RAQ Mopar radio would fit in the RAM. If it would then would it be a plug and play or would I need an adapter for it?
http://dodge.autowebaccessories.com/store/durango-raq-am-fm-radio-prod232_630_5230.php

I have seen it listed for the Durango and the Magnum, but obviously not the RAM. I might have to just get an aftermarket mp3 stereo, but thought I would ask here first.

Brian

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Well its not designed for our dashes. The newer stereos have a square fitment, while ours are an oval shaped. Plus i do believe the wiring is different as well. Your much better off buying an aftermarket deck.

KB

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Agreed, you could get a nice MP3 CD in-dash stereo for a good price. I got my Pioneer at around 150-200 bucks. Id go check out your local Circuit City or Best Buy. Good luck, let us know what you find

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
KB112 said:
Well its not designed for our dashes. The newer stereos have a square fitment, while ours are an oval shaped. Plus i do believe the wiring is different as well. Your much better off buying an aftermarket deck.

KB

What he said.

·
RAMSLT8
26 Posts
You can get a factory MP3 deck for the ram to fit in the factory bezel. They have them for the 05's. The model RAH head unit will play MP3's. The link you have shows them for $390 and the dealer price is $425.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
RAMSLT8 said:
You can get a factory MP3 deck for the ram to fit in the factory bezel. They have them for the 05's. The model RAH head unit will play MP3's. The link you have shows them for $390 and the dealer price is $425.
You can get a hell of a good after market for that price and the install is very simple

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.