DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
USMC CH-53E Driver
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be putting on a 6" ProComp Lift on my '10 Crew Cab 1500 but I was wondering if anyone knew if the stock 20's and tires will still fit. I have new wheels w/ enough offset and 35s but on my old '05, I was able to switch back my stock 17s and tires for when I did a long cross country drive. I just wanted to know if I'd still be able to do the same now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was told by procomp that you can not run stock wheels. Actually all the major lift companys said that when I call them before I bought my lift.

·
Registered
875 Posts
if you use the stock tires on the stock wheels it should fit fine..just cant go a lot wider

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Stock wheels will NOT fit. I have 5" backspacing on my rims and can barely squeeze 1 pinky finger between the tire and steering knuckle. That extra inch of backspacing on the stock rim will put you in the "Rub zone". You'll have to run spacers if you want stock wheels.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Stock wheels and tires DO fit. I had them on my truck for 2 weeks while I waited for my new rims and tires to arrive. They'll be close, like 1/2 to 1/4 inch of space between the sidewall and knuckle.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Wow, I just dont see how that is possible. Maybe the tire width has something to do with it. I know my wheels with 5" backspacing have about 1/4" or less space between the tire and the steering knuckle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Stock wheels and tires DO fit. I had them on my truck for 2 weeks while I waited for my new rims and tires to arrive. They'll be close, like 1/2 to 1/4 inch of space between the sidewall and knuckle.
Yup they certainly do fit. If its aligned properly there will be enough gap there to get you by. I also ran my 20" stockers for a bit while by my wheels/tires were getting mounted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Stock wheels will NOT fit. I have 5" backspacing on my rims and can barely squeeze 1 pinky finger between the tire and steering knuckle. That extra inch of backspacing on the stock rim will put you in the "Rub zone". You'll have to run spacers if you want stock wheels.
A pinky finger? Hahah... my 37x13.50s on 20x10 -18mm's, run no more than 1/8" from the knuckle and have never rubbed yet! A pinky fingers width is a MILE of room IMO !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.