DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what the thing is called that displays what gear you are in but in my
automatic 2000 dodge ram when it displays that its in reverse its in drive, when it displays neutral its in reverse, ect. is there a way to fix this without going to a shop?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If your truck is like mine, which is a 2000 ram sport 4x4, look under the drivers side of the truck for the shift linkage. The shift linkage runs from the trans along under the truck then goes up the firewall to the steering column. Down around the trans, it should have a steel rod running through a little round thing with a small bolt sticking out of it. Loosen the bolt so that the rod slides through the round thing with the bolt in it. Get in your truck and adjust the shifter to where it needs to be and re-tighten the bolt. In other words, If your truck is in park when you do this, adjust the shifter to where it shows that it is in park, then tighten the bolt. When you are finished, Make sure that you truck shifts through all the gears correctly. If so then your goog to go.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If that does not work, remove the instrument panale bezel. (remove cup holder and ash tray, then in just pries off.) Just above the steering column is a piece of string that runs from the shifter to the control panel. Be sure the string is intact and that it is adjusted properly. If the string has broken, it takes time, but you should be able to repair it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.