DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFE released a stage 2 Magnum Force Intake System for the 04-05 5.7L. Standard price on these is $325, but if at least 5 people are interested, I can arrange a group discount. ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
do you have a link so that I may see it? Thanks.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Dont want to bring up a sore subject but isnt our Hemi Durangos equiped with Speed Density and not Mass air flow? Meaning we wont get any gain from any of these setups? Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If these are bought individually, we could give a coupon code for 10% off to anyone who wants to purchase off our website. But... AFE makes an intake system for 5 or 6 Dodge Models, and I posted for each model, if, we compiled all the forums together and did a group buy (but we can drop-ship each system to a different location), we could give 15% to a group buy of 5, and 20% to a group of 10 or more.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Toneaero said:
Dont want to bring up a sore subject but isnt our Hemi Durangos equiped with Speed Density and not Mass air flow? Meaning we wont get any gain from any of these setups? Correct me if im wrong.
This was discussed over at the 300M forum. After putting a system on my previous V10 Ram I am not so sure there is any real gain. Now on my Firebird with a MAF I did notice a difference.

I would like to see someone do independent dyno test. Not just what the manufacture claims.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd love to see the results! We do our own tests on wires, - especially before we bring in another brand, (by the way, thanks for your input on the poll - we're bringing in Magnecor!!!!) but we aren't equipped to run Dyno tests on plugs and intake systems. Please, someone, let us know if you've dyno'd different intake systems or plan to do so!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know nothing beats a dyno but, my brother is a mechanic (we built 10 sec mustangs together) and I live close to 66 raceway. I would love to post the results in 1/4 et using an intake kit and stock. Keep me informed about the possible group buy.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
group buy on plugs??? i've been away for a few weeks/months and apparently missed out on some happenings...fill me in!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
okay, got it...i'm all set in the intake dept.!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure if I want to go with this intake or not. But, I can say that I will by dyno testing our D after each individual change of the CAI and the header/exhaust swap. This is probably about 2 or 3 weeks away though. I will definitley post once we get the results. At the moment, I think I may be content with the airraid CAI. Still researching. The wife wants to keep it quiet while at cruising speeds so I'm having to pick carefully with the CAI and header/exhaust setup. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I thought I read that replacing the intake actually decreases the low end torque. Didn't someone say thier D was actually slower off the line after installing the intake?

It seems if you do the math based on what manufacturer's claim, you can get 20+ hp with and intake and 20+ hp with a catback replacement. Does anyone know if this is additive. I wouldn't mind getting an additional 40+hp for under a grand.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've got a buddy that builds race motors for a living. According to him we are probably getting closer to 25 total additional hp. That number is only based on his 40+ years of experience in building race motors.

·
Registered
203 Posts
25hp is still not bad. With all of the restrictions manufacturers put on thier engines to keep them quiet and fuel efficient, we may end up getting little more bang than your buddy thinks since he is building race motors from scratch with the only intention of going fast. Noise and fuel efficiency are probably not too big a concern for him. thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.