DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fock user titles...
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm going to be installing some cab clearance lights on my truck soon but I don't have a template. I was just wondering if anyone has done it themselves, maybe you can take a look at this pic and tell me if these are the right holes to drill for the lights. Thanks!

·
Fock user titles...
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just need to get the positioning of the lights right. I can use the gasket of the lights as a template for the other 2 holes. I have a feeling the holes I circled in the pic were made for the cab lights since they are positioned just like the cab lights would be positioned.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Well, there's no real "set" place to put them... it's really where ever you want them. However that does provide a nice even area for them so I'd say go for it there.

·
Fock user titles...
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can someone do me a favor and just make a real quick measurement from outside the cab? If you can give me the measurements from the top of the windshield to the center cab light (1), further out cab light (2), and furthest out cablight (3) that would be great! Below is a pic of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok, so i put mine on today. WCB....those holes are for the wires to come down so you can wire them up. There's actually no real trick to putting them in. I simply drilled up from the botton the holes for the wires. Then I put the lights on, made sure they were straight (made sure the holes went across the cab...I found if you hook a tape measure to the bottom of your window sill and then bend it over, it will give you a straight line to use as a guide). Once they were straight, I just used a drill to screw in the screws and presto, they're done...just had to wire them. I would definately drill the holes for the wires first so you know where to position them, then all you have to do is line them up.

·
Fock user titles...
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
As a matter of fact I just went ahead and installed mine today as well. I used those holes too. Turned out pretty good in the end :D. Glad we got this install done fairly smoothly.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
You can get a template from the dealer for the lights. All mopar light kits come with the template.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Is the wiring for the lights already up there??

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
The wiring was not up there when I put lights on mine, however if you have a 2500 (I have a 1500) it may be up there.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a 2500. If they aren't, how hard was it to wire?

·
Fock user titles...
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's fairly simple. Just wire all the cab lights together in parallel (pos. to pos., neg. to neg.). Then all you have to do is connect the end of the pos. and neg. to somewhere mentioned above. If you have crimp connectors, shouldn't take you very long at all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'll take a measurement of mine in the morning, 96' 1500, came from the factory with 5 teardrop running lights like the pic if that's what your looking for. Send me a pm though just in case i might forget, got bopped on the head one to many times on the ol' fo wheeler. :cool:

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
fourtraxrider said:
I'll take a measurement of mine in the morning, 96' 1500, came from the factory with 5 teardrop running lights like the pic if that's what your looking for. Send me a pm though just in case i might forget, got bopped on the head one to many times on the ol' fo wheeler. :cool:
He asked for the measurements on May 23rd and installed them on May 25th, I don't think he needs the measurements anymore :D

·
Fock user titles...
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fourtraxrider said:
Ha, yea it's been a while since I've had them installed. This thread got bumped back up from a long time ago so I probably wouldn't have noticed the date either. Thanks for the trying help though.

Hm.. I don't use this forum as much anymore. I've switched more towards DieselTruckResource.com. Seems like the majority of people on this forum have gassers instead of diesels. Right? :conehead: I like the wide range of emoticons though... I mean, conehead?? wtf?! More like penis-head. Haha.

·
Banned
493 Posts
you know who you would take your truck to. to have them installed? I can mount the lights okay....but the wiring will be another story...since I have a 1500.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed them a couple of years ago on my 1500 and it takes like 45 minutes. It comes with the template and the wiring harness. It took me like 2 hours to get the template put on just right and after I drilled a small pilot hole I noticed that they lined up perfectly with the center of the holes under the headliner.

·
Fock user titles...
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
flash gordon said:
you know who you would take your truck to. to have them installed? I can mount the lights okay....but the wiring will be another story...since I have a 1500.
The hard part is the drilling. Once you have the cab lights all mounted, just get some crimp connectors and crimp all the positive wires from all the lights together. Then do the same for the negatives. I wish I would've taken a pic of the spot where I tapped into the headlight switch. Otherwise, would it work if you tapped in at the fusebox? Use the fuse that's for the headlights.... I'm sure there are lots of autoshops that would do the install for you, and of course there's always the dealer...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.