DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'll be ordering a drop pitman soon...and a transfer case indexing ring. I'm getting a mild vibration through the floor (under my feet) when on the interstate. I didn't notice it when I had my 3" Carli coils. Just wondering if any of you guys with 6" lifts are running them. I also think it's time to go to a drop pitman now. My drag link's heims click pretty noticeably when mildly flexing during DD'ing. Thankfully I'm running Thuren's draglink...I'm sure the stock one would have given up the ghost by now. Looks like my steering and exhaust upgrades have to wait :ugh Planning on getting new u-joints in the driveshaft/ front axle shafts too. Need mas $$$!

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you want a drop pitman I'll send you one if you pay for the shipping. I bought one and hated it. I took it off and installed the T-linkage steering. I have powerwagon coils and a 2" spacer, thuren trackbar, and TGC control arms.

With the drop pitman I had a ton of bump steer, it was more than I was way more than I was willing to live with, and I actually drive on the road very little.

Anyway if you want one you can have mine.

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
With a drop pitman arm. You have to drop the track bar frame mount the same amount to keep your geometry close.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a drop pitman arm. You have to drop the track bar frame mount the same amount to keep your geometry close.
As it currently sits with my new coils, my drag link is currently at a steeper angle than my tracbar. So by my logic, a mild drop pitman will set the geometry back close to parallel like how it was with the Carli coils. I emailed Thuren about it and I'm waiting to see what he says. But I'll for sure need an indexing ring for the transfer case. Got a case of the driveline vibes now! I'm planning on clocking my case 10 degrees.

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts
As it currently sits with my new coils, my drag link is currently at a steeper angle than my tracbar. So by my logic, a mild drop pitman will set the geometry back close to parallel like how it was with the Carli coils. I emailed Thuren about it and I'm waiting to see what he says. But I'll for sure need an indexing ring for the transfer case. Got a case of the driveline vibes now! I'm planning on clocking my case 10 degrees.
The problem is that a drop pitman arm would over correct your problem and create alot of bump steer. A trackbar drop bracket would be required to keep things in check.

For your vibration I would have your front shaft rebuilt/balanced before I would go through the hassle of installing an index ring. The 2010+ trucks have more issues than the older ones.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up George. I'll go ahead and pull the driveshaft and get it rebuilt. Hopefully that will cure my issues!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts