DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The cover in the middle is for the center seat. The console itself doesn't get covered. How would people with functional consoles open them then? :)

The covers I saw for $180 seem to be gone. I saw them in an ebay store. It wasn't a standard auction. More of a permanent item.... well maybe not so permanent. I looked to see if I could find them so I could post a link for you, but the seller either isn't selling anything or has canceled their account. Anyway, the best I can find for a RC, was $330 now. These synthetic ones, don't feel to bad, I don't know if I would spend the extra $170 for the real thing.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They're on. If anyone is considering getting these, there is one thing you should know. They are a pain in the butt to install. Maybe if you are really skinny or have kids, it would be easier. I'm 6'1", 200lbs so reaching under, and behind the seats isn't exactly easy (especially in a RC). I had my wife help me with the second seat, which made it a lot easier, but still no walk in the park.
They come with instructions, but the instructions suck. They don't tell you anything you couldn't figure out on your own. Another thing to point out is that you have to cut two holes for your head restraints. Not a big deal, but it's a little unnerving to cut brand new seatcovers.
Well that was the bad stuff. Now for the good stuff. They look, and feel great. I installed the driverside last night, and the passanger side, and center seat today. The driver's seat has less wrinkles, and air bubbles than it did last night, and it's only been a day. These things should look really smooth before the week is up at this rate. I had no problems like j684jeff had. I was a little extra carefull after reading his post, so that may have helped. The install really isn't that bad, I just said it's a pain, because it hard to reach everything. It's hard (physically) to install, not challenging. Does that make sense?

Anyway. Here are some pics. I had some before pics too, but I deleted a bunch of old pics yesterday, and I must have deleted them too. If you want to see a before, go outside and look at your trucks. :D
OK, OK, here's the pics.......

Attachments

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here are the pics j684jeff added to his gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Hey those aren't bad at all for what you paid. Looks good man, bringing color into the cab is always a nice touch. Good mod fellas, glad ya like em. :tup:

KB

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Looks Nice !!
If I can cough up the money I might buy some Black and red ones. (Would go good with my slammed1 Dash Bezel)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wow.....I like those.....might have to get a set this summer....and they don't rape us on shipping, only 10 bucks more than lower 48

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yeah they're pretty good people to deal with.

jordanp123 said:
Looks Nice !!
If I can cough up the money I might buy some Black and red ones. (Would go good with my slammed1 Dash Bezel)
I was thinking about getting a dash trim kit for my truck too. I just can't find anyone with a good blue.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
theirs a Buy on the dash bezels in the slammed1 forums You might want to check it out. The paint job on the bezel is nothing short of fantastic !

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
thanks

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
where are yall finding those at on ebay, even comparable ones? I followed the dodge ram link off here and looked under seat covers, just a bunch of 79-99 cheap looking ones w/ a few 450 leather ones?

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yup, those are the ones.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I forgot about having to cut slices for the head rest locks.Sorry about that.Mine were a pain to install to,but most seatcovers are.Most of the wrinkles will come out after the covers have been on for a few days. :rck:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.