DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
vanner
519 Posts
I couldnt on mine because I have a hitch and a 35 gal tank, I stayed with the single exhaust and added a flowmaster muffler to it. I wanted them straight out the back. I was told my only opinon if I really wanted duals, was in front of the rear wheels, I didnt want that.

I know of another vanner with my same van as mine that went with duals out the back, and a year later he removed it because he was tired of one side banging all the time, he was told that would be a problem before he did it. I know of another vanner with a maxi that didnt have a problem at all, I guess theres more room in the rear end of a maxi.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
You might be able to get away with running duals out one side. Remember though Dave that your gas tank runs along the side not the rear like 71-97 vans. You may just have enough room to sneek a pipe past your gas tank and out the back. Or run the single back and split it in the rear...not sure if your spare tire would be in the way or not.

That's what they make door-mounted spare tire carriers for... :)

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I don't have a hitch on my '94, but I do have the 35 gal. tank which offsets to the right a bit. I don't know if it would be a good idea to have a pipe run that close to a plastic tank.

I may in the future run true duals (with Magnaflow cats of course..meow!) and have them exit in front of the rear tires.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm thinking of having a custom gas tank made, to fit inside frame rails, so I can go with true dual exhaust. It's something you might want to consider/look into, Ram Man.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to be honest, I'm a little frustrated with the lack of aftermarket parts for our Ram Vans ....

not ready to sell or trade my off, but don't have much time or money on my hands to do any fabricating either, so I' caught between a rock and a hard place

I don't like comprimising, but I may have too ...

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
Dual Exhaust, side exit

I have duals on both of my vans that exit out the side. My '71 has true duals. I bought a conversion kit from JC Whitney, and installed it without any problems. The only down side is the front section was 2" pipe to connect to 318 manifolds, the rear pipe is 2-1/4". Later I changed to a 360 engine, with 360 manifolds and upgraded the front part of the system to 2-1/4", included a X-pipe crossover to broaden the powerband. (It's just behind the transmission mount.) :rck:
My '78 has dual 2" tailpipes, that are replacement parts and clear a 35 gal. gas tank. Since it has a cat. con., the front section is 2" merged into 2-1/2" single pipe to the cat con, muffler, then split to the dual tailpipes.
--B-300--

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
I feel ya Ram Man, but maybe that's the "charm" eh? LOL!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Huh, this is the first I've heard of clearance issues on the vans. When I was going to get duals put on the Bronco, though, the t-case was in the way so I would have had to do some re-routing. I'm sure there's a way on these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.