DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna see a picture of it. i want to change my corners to clear ones but i dont know if its going to look good in a black durango. thanks!

Arsenio

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
king- thanks for the reference. best 26 dollars i've spent on the durango.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
While we're on the topic, I've mentioned before that I prefer the "amber" lamp (not bulb), which is the only reason I haven't gotten the clear corners.

I've been considering buying the diamond cut headlight, but then the clear piece that attaches to the "amber" part wouldn't match. How difficult would it be to cut off the turn signal from one of the clear corners and put my turn signal in it's place?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
If you are determined to keep an amber lens, you can buy diamond lenses and have the turn portion tinted amber. I've seen it covered on another forum. Any body shop can mix a very thin paint so it is more of a transparent color and have them spray just the lower turn portion.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
If you get the frosted clears (non-amber), when lit they are amber but I can't see the yellow bulbs when off.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
I want it to be amber all the time. Call me crazy, but for some reason I like it better. The only reason I'm even considering the diamond cut lights is to (hopefully) improve the output of my bulbs. When they're on low I can barely tell they're on.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
King, the corners...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought the clear corners for my black durango i think it looks sweet i have amber bulbs im mine and i think it looks cool during the day i have blue headlight bulds (not a good choice) i bought them hoping it would be grighter but no luck all it did was make everything blueier my fog light shine further than my headlights but i guess ill change them when they burn out

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
B1G BLEU said:
King, the corners...
Yea, I know what you meant. I kinda just bunched two seperate thought processes together.

I want to get the diamond cut headlights to improve the output of my bulbs (hopefully) - my foglights have the 893's and they seem to shine much brighter than my headlights.

The second thought was that I want to keep the amber turn signal because I like the look of it better, but if I were to do that (after I get new headlights), the "corner piece" (not the headlight or the turn signal) would still be "frosted" and I think would look out of place.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got mine off of ebay and they are completly clear not frosted or nothing

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
i have tinted ones on my D, lemme know what you think

·
Registered
435 Posts
here we go

Attachments

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
IMHO, I think the head lights should have been tinted also. In the picture the corners do not show up well and look like they are missing. Maybe it looks better in person.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
It looks like there's an abnormally large gap between the bumper cover and grill/headlights. Maybe the picture is just a bad angle though?

·
Registered
435 Posts
there's a gap, the D was in a bad accident, thats how i got it back....

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
Yea I saw that it was in a bad accident. Why is the gap so much larger though? The body shop should have fixed whatever was messed up, I think they should return it to you how it is supposed to be.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
how about on a patiot blue one

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not black, but close.
Fred T.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts